R.R. Donnelley - Good pay, crappy management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

"Good pay, crappy management"

Former Employee - Proofreader in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Proofreader in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours were flexible, especially helpful for someone going to school during the day. They have shifts all day and night, although the day shifts are reserved for those who have worked there the longest. The training was great (in my opinion, though I noticed others struggled a bit--older folks and those less comfortable with computers) and once trained you are thrown in with the rest. It's stressful at first but the shift leads are very helpful and always ready to share their knowledge.

Cons

The evening/night management was horrible. I felt like hiding whenever the manager came by even though I was a stellar employee. The manager made me feel like he would never be satisfied with your performance--kind of a twisted motivation technique which makes employees feel extremely under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Ease off of the "never good enough, you may be fired tomorrow" tactics.

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

1. "Great place to start."

Current Employee - Ldp Associate
    Current Employee - Ldp Associate

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RRD is a global company and there are several opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate. You will have to be patient and put in your time. Decisions are not made quickly.

Cons

Being in the manufacturing industry means that money is tight. There are not a lot of perks like PTO, raises, or benefits.

Advice to Management

Increase starting salary. Increase amount of vacation days. Invest more capital in the business to continue growth.

"Run in the other direction"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

it was a good paying job for the area that I live in. I made a few good friends that I enjoyed working with. that's about all.

Cons

management treats you like your just a body to produce work. there is no real open door policy. round table meeting to hear ideas but nothing ever gets implemented. upper management so afraid of losing their jobs that they walk around looking for people to fire. trying to meet deadlines they work their employees 7 days a week and no appreciation. when I started in 06 they used to have employee picnics pizza parties, needless to say that got scratched out the budget.

Advice to Management

stop letting management decide whose a good worker and whose not and let the work speak for itself. it shouldn't b whose related to who or whose friends with who.