R.R. Donnelley - Good pay, crappy management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

"Good pay, crappy management"

Former Employee - Proofreader in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Proofreader in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours were flexible, especially helpful for someone going to school during the day. They have shifts all day and night, although the day shifts are reserved for those who have worked there the longest. The training was great (in my opinion, though I noticed others struggled a bit--older folks and those less comfortable with computers) and once trained you are thrown in with the rest. It's stressful at first but the shift leads are very helpful and always ready to share their knowledge.

Cons

The evening/night management was horrible. I felt like hiding whenever the manager came by even though I was a stellar employee. The manager made me feel like he would never be satisfied with your performance--kind of a twisted motivation technique which makes employees feel extremely under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Ease off of the "never good enough, you may be fired tomorrow" tactics.

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

1. "Material handler1"

Pros

Work load finally returning to normal after economy collapsed in '07

Cons

Lots of overtime, summer time it gets very hot, most new business is coming from large catalogs which are very heavy.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people that have worked there for less than 6 months just because the qualified people that have worked the for 10+ have too many call ins.

"Nice but needs organization"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at R.R. Donnelley as a contractor

Pros

I worked in the Atlanta creative office. The people are great. The location is great and the constant chic fil a coupons are a plus

Cons

Unrealistic views of what they are capable of. Project managers that have little experience in what it actually takes to execute a project.

Advice to Management

Don't promise more than realistically possible in the clients time frame and budget. More communication between PMs and designers before talking to a client so everyone is on the same page. Try to get the client to stick to the timeline.