RAINN - An Amazing Organization | Glassdoor

"An Amazing Organization"

Former Intern - Communications Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at RAINN for less than a year

Pros

RAINN is a close-knit company with a true focus on ending the crisis of sexual assault in America and around the world. As an intern, I was fully immersed in the day-to-day goings on at the office, and given the opportunity to write for their newsletter and communicate directly with survivors. It was a wonderful, educational experience that inspired me to pursue my degree in Social Work.

Cons

The usual burnout that comes with sexual assault prevention work- it is emotionally draining to work on such a serious topic from day to day.

RAINN2019-01-25

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great people & fulfilling work"

Former Employee - SHL Helpline Staffer

I worked at RAINN part-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff is hardworking, passionate, and fun. I looked forward to going into the office to be around colleagues. Family-like environment. Loved leadership's attention to self-care and the risk of secondary trauma- provided lots of supportive resources and protocol to manage the nature of the work.

Cons

This type of work can cause burnout if you're not diligent about self-care and work/life balance.

RAINN2019-08-01
  2. "DoD Safe Helpline Staffer"

Current Employee - DoD Safe Helpline Staffer

I have been working at RAINN part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Teaches you team-work and empathy.

Cons

Management that is above the managers you work with every day. Some of the rules are inconsistent and not taught to you.

RAINN2019-07-08

Discover more reviews about RAINN.