RAINN - Positive, but stressful. | Glassdoor

"Positive, but stressful."

Former Intern - Online Hotline Intern in Washington, DC
Former Intern - Online Hotline Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at RAINN as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

RAINN does incredible work, and their employees offer a nurturing and fun environment considering the heaviness of the work they do.

Cons

While rewarding, the work at RAINN can be extremely stressful. While I was these it definitely took a toll on my personal well being.

Other Employee Reviews for RAINN

"The Online Hotline"

Current Employee - Staffer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Staffer in Washington, DC

I have been working at RAINN part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working on the online hotline because of my fellow staffers and the work being done. There are so many passionate and talented individuals working for this very important cause. Although it can be emotionally draining and a lot on top of my other job, especially because we are so short staffed, it is rewarding.

Cons

I really don't think the management at RAINN or office staff value the online hotline staff which is unfortunate because they are doing the brunt of RAINN's direct service work. The turnover on the hotline has become insane...long time staff are leaving left and right because they feel overworked, unappreciated, and undervalued. The pay is also minimal so it is the kind of thing you do part time on the side or in addition to many other jobs. I work with the most amazing people so it disappoints me to see so little investment in appreciating all the incredible work being done.

Advice to Management

I really recommend hiring a few full time staff with benefits and regular pay and supplement them with part time staff to reduce the stress of the turn over. You cannot pay rent here by working full time so it causes people to balance so many commitments and it negatively impacts the morale and the retention. I also think that investing a little more time and energy in making hotline staff feel appreciated and valued will help.

"Ok"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Good organization, committed to a great cause, good location, fun staff members, fun events to plan and organize with christina ricci

Cons

disorganized, whoever had the skills was responsible, no accountability, no recognition, management gives little direction, nonchalance about work environment or professionalism