RAND - Full of dedicated, hard working, and smart individuals (Geeks you'd want to have a beer with) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RAND

"Full of dedicated, hard working, and smart individuals (Geeks you'd want to have a beer with)"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Project Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at RAND full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The system of matrix management and the internal labor market allow for very flexible and interesting opportunities, while helping to ensure that people try hard to work well together. If you're over worked, it's easy to "share your load" since everyone needs to take on work to get paid.

Cons

There is a dark side to the "internal labor market." it can be stressful ensuring that you always have just the right amount of project work on your plate.

Advice to Management

You do a great job communicating where the company is and where it is likely to be next year. I'd like to hear more about what we need to position the company for even more success 5-10 years down the road. In other words, what do we need to do in order to get a huge pat on the back or a "wow" from the rest of the country for our 75th anniversary?

Other Employee Reviews for RAND

"Very stressful"

Former Employee - Administrtive Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Administrtive Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at RAND full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free parking, good compensation & benefit package.

Cons

Very stressful, office culture is not like anywhere I have worked before, colleagues not supportive and very unfriendly..

"Overall, a good place to work."

I have been working at RAND (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours. A good amount of PTO that nobody is going to guilt you into not using.

Cons

The internal labor market can create a lot of stress if you're having trouble finding projects.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive about helping people find work, especially new employees, instead of just throwing people out there to sink or swim.