RBA - Awesome place to build a career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RBA

"Awesome place to build a career."

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Talented team of people to work with and learn from
Experienced and passionate leadership team that has proven abilities in the industry
Great benefits and understanding of what makes a great company

Cons

Very competitive. It is probably not a place to kick back and put it on cruise control or you may find yourself getting left behind.

Advice to Management

Growth is good as long as it is controlled and sustainable growth. It would seem sensible that we could expand beyond the markets currently served.

Other Employee Reviews for RBA

"Talented Group"

Current Employee - Consultant in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at RBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been a full time employee and an indpendent consultant. The people I work with directly and indirectly are generous with their time and are willing and excited to collaborate and share information. It's truly refreshing.
    They all can't be perfect, but most of the projects I've been a part of have been challenging and leading edge. I've focused on cloud and that is definitely the attitude here.

Cons

Even though I've seen this issue with other organizations, I wish the subject of communication could get figured out. As consultants in the field we seem to hear news sporadically or not at all.
    While so far this doesn't affect me directly it could make others uneasy.

Advice to Management

Bring a consistent flow of information to the right groups at the right times.
    Focus on technology outside of Microsoft.

"Great Place to Grow as a Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at RBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have found that RBA is a great place to grow my career as a consultant.

Back when I was working full time in a corporate IT job, too often I felt I was surrounded by fellow employees that were not interested in growing their skill set or as engaged in the success of their career or company as they should be. At RBA, I have peers all around me that are always willing to pitch in and help out, whether it's a challenging technical issue or even a client delivery issue.

I work almost exclusively in the Microsoft cloud-space. I get to help clients understand and implement new products and features; sometimes right as they are being made available by the vendor. The technology I get to work with is cutting-edge, and the collective wide-range of knowledge made available by my peers allows us to learn from each other and grow our skills in areas that would normally be closed off to us in corporate IT.

In addition, having the ability to come to clients as a subject matter expert in various technologies and methodologies allows me the opportunity to work on leadership and presentation skills at my clients. These opportunities were not available nearly as much when I worked in corporate IT.

Finally, being a consultant at RBA provides me with a great work/life balance that I simply didn't have in the past at other companies. My quality of life away from work has greatly improved since I started here a few years ago, and I would be hard-pressed to go back to one of those corporate gigs where vacation requests regularly get denied or mandatory overtime is imposed.

Cons

The low amount of starting PTO time is hard to get used to for those of us coming in from senior/long-tenured positions at corporate employers with better policies.

I often run into PTO/Time-off issues when clients are closed for various holidays and RBA does not provide that to us as a holiday.

The focus on the Microsoft stack does limit my ability to partner with some innovative companies that have products that compete with Microsoft. I understand why RBA does it this way, but it does sometimes limit what I am able to work on for my clients.

Advice to Management

We need to continue to be positioned as thought leaders in the technologies that our clients will be embracing in their upcoming digital transformation projects. This will require consultants to re-tool their skill sets and it's important to give them the support needed to do so.

Also, please put more emphasis on helping our consultants develop the soft skills necessary to succeed on their own at clients.