RBC - Working for RBC Insurance was a demotivating experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RBC

"Working for RBC Insurance was a demotivating experience."

Former Employee - Licensing Specialist in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Licensing Specialist in Greenville, SC

Pros

RBC Insurance had great products, but that is where it stops. The building had a small gym/exercise room and a cafeteria.

Cons

RBC Insurance offered no opportunities for professional growth or career advancement. There was no information and knowledge sharing. It was like "us vs. them." Everything was kept at a hush-hush. It was a threatening environment. If we did not meet our outrageous goals then we were threatened with termination on a daily basis. The treatment of a team members was not equal. There were obvious favored teammates who did not have to meet their goals. By the way, I met my goals (killed myself doing it) and ended up quitting because of the low pay and even lower morale. This job turned me into a workalholic.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight. Treat all of the employees with respect and fairly. Set meetable goals and stop threatening termination. Positive reinforcement works better.

Other Employee Reviews for RBC

1. "I certainly learned a lot in my time at RBC, but felt that management did not trust/empower employees to make decisions."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, WV

Pros

Salary and bonus compensation was very competitive. The parent company has a strong reputation. They offer flexible work time arrangements.

Cons

Senior management often did not seem to trust or empower the employees to make decisions that were necessary to properly perform their responsibilities.

Advice to Management

The appropriate delegation of authority to qualified and competent employees would allow for a more efficient and fulfilling work environment.

2. "RBC is an overall good place to work. They have good benefits and balance between work and family."

Current Employee - AML Investigator in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - AML Investigator in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Benefits, balance between work and family, overall good treatment of employees, opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Compensation is not the greatest, but that is usually true for all banks.

Advice to Management

No advice