REC Solar - Just when I think I'm out...they pull me back in | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for REC Solar

"Just when I think I'm out...they pull me back in"

Current Employee - Solar Energy Consultant in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Solar Energy Consultant in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at REC Solar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture-It's like working for a small company but with big corporate stability. REC focuses on it's employees and customers. The industry itself is always rapidly changing and at times REC doesn't change as fast, but is always focused on long-term, profitable, and sustained growth which in my book is a plus. If you are entry level there are great opportunities for advancement and you will receive far better training and on-going support than other organizations. Regardless of changing market conditions I have been able to increase my pay YOY. I have hard working colleagues to rely on and great people to spend time with outside of work as well (even the engineers are cool here)

Cons

Not much room for advancement at a branch office if not willing to relocate.

Advice to Management

Never forget what it was like when you were in the trenches.

Other Employee Reviews for REC Solar

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Engineer Technician Coordinator in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer Technician Coordinator in Ventura, CA

I have been working at REC Solar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers with an abundance of respect and appreciation for one another. "Family" like atmosphere. The ability to grow up in the company. Everyone works hard and lends a hand to others to lighten each others workload. In an industry that pays little REC is relevant. Its not what you make an hour. Its what take home at the end of the year. I cant remember my last paycheck of less than 40 hours.

Cons

None. I truly love my job and have zero intention of leaving. I've been all around the industry and we've got it made!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You have created a great work environment and hope to be coworkers for a long time to come.

2. "In the Hole..."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at REC Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great inside sales department; screens and qualifies leads and sets appointments for consultants. All we have to do is close deals with leads collected by other people. Awesome installation staff with some of the best products on the market. With their business partnerships with Sunrun and Costco, REC Solar is a well-planned company with an impressive business strategy for long-term sustainability.

Cons

When sales consultants start, they are immediately 'In the Hole' to the company, unless you get 3 months worth of sales during your first month; your draw from commission salary plan is designed against you, so dont plan on being able to pay your mortgage or raise a family on this. Recommended as a stepping stone for entrepreneurs or someone working his/her way through school. As a company, they do have the long-term mentality, but lack the mindset for short-term results. Their finance offering in AZ is weak but that can be attributed to the market and leasing partners not wanting to invest here.

Advice to Management

Pay your consultants more; lower your ASP's. At least try to be competitive with other companies. Dont compare Arizona Consultants to their peers in California; its a completely different monster.