REI - Such a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for REI

"Such a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Pros

The atmosphere is great. Everyone is very supportive of your career goals and will go out of their way to help you along. That and the discount is a wonderful perk!

Cons

One of the biggest downsides to working here is that there are a lot of distractions. I don't know how other companies are, but it seems like there is a birthday or an anniversary, or a project conclusion party a few times per week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. When the economy was down, we kept growing. I'm proud to work for this organization.

Other Employee Reviews for REI

"Great company, boring job."

Former Employee - Seasonal Contact Center Representative Skill II in Sumner, WA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Contact Center Representative Skill II in Sumner, WA

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about their employees, give you lots of opportunities to give back to the community and have fun with fellow employees. They don't pretend like they aren't trying to make money as a company, but they still care about the customers and the environment.

Cons

Working in the contact center was dreadfully boring. You aren't allowed to do anything non-work related between calls and within two months I'd finished all the work-related things I could do between calls.

"Loved the culture but was underappreciated."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Pineville, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Pineville, NC

Pros

The benefits are awesome - even part-time benefits. The culture is very cool. The customers tend to be cool also.

Cons

Pressure to sell memberships - with no direct reward. I felt personally underappreciated because I wasn't invited to stay on as a regular employee after my second stint as a seasonal employee.

Advice to Management

If you like an employee enough to invite them back for a second round of seasonal work, invite them to stay even if you don't have many hours for them.