Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best retail job

Oct 14, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great managers and coworkers! Great discounts and perks (employee rentals, paid time off for part- and full-time employees, holiday pay, extra discounts on certain items seasonally ("prodeals"). Fun environment. Managers and the rest of the store took COVID seriously and really enforced cleaning and masking standards.

Cons

It's retail. Sometimes you get really demanding customers.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

May 26, 2022 - Sales Associate in North Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and benefits also

Cons

Co-Workers are not coheisve and

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job i’ve had so far

Mar 10, 2022 - Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- good company values! - they value a life outdoors ex: once a quarter you get a wayday and get paid to do an outdoor activity - they actively work towards creating community such as organizing local running groups, workshops, etc - greenvestmemes - as a float I enjoy switching up my schedule and being in many different depts depending on where they need me - the team feels family like and you will feel valued working here - lots of room for growth not just as an employee but as a person

Cons

- **feels like memberships are over everything** - depending on dept and lead.. training for a dept ranges from thorough to non existent - since we’re almost always understaffed sometimes you’re completely slammed trying to help too many customers who need extended help at once - hours aren’t very consistent for me ranging from working 2 days and then suddenly 6 - scheduling is often a nightmare you have to request days off sometimes even months in advance though it’s just an average wednesday - the union busting going on a soho… very disappointing and not what i know rei to value - for a good 3 months i realized i made almost a dollar less than the new hires even though i had worked there for a year. when i brought it to their attention they didn’t see it as me asking for equal pay but for a raise.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about REI.