RGIS - This is the worst job Iv'e ever had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

"This is the worst job Iv'e ever had."

Former Employee - Auditor in Lancaster, PA
Former Employee - Auditor in Lancaster, PA

I worked at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired, I suppose."Flexible" hours in that most hours are at absurd time like late at night or early in the morning.

Cons

A physically demanding job with rewards based solely on performances regardless of circumstances. Hierarchy of company(promotions based solely on numerical output) promotes competition and dishonesty instead of teamwork. Leadership could care less about the welfare and satisfaction of their employees. The manager in charge of scheduling was absolutely incompetent. I'd frequently be scheduled on days/at times that I'd explicitly stated I was unavailable. I had to document every schedule of availability that I sent them, so that I'd be able to prove that I'd told them I was unavailable. Car pools for out of town jobs were extremely disorganized and employee drivers were reckless. When I finally gave up (physically, the job was causing repetitive strain injuries), I emailed the regional manager explaining my situation and to consider the upcoming schedule to be my last, I received the reply "Does this mean you're quitting?" Periodic newsletters from upper management were embarrassingly poorly written, riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, as well as more full of exclamation points than a high schooler's text message inbox. So, should you sign up for this job, prepare to be belittled by management with approximately a high school education, work with ex-cons, and receive minimal compensation for the whole deal.

Advice to Management

At least pretend to care about your employees. Productivity is vital to a company's success, I know, but also consider whether a satisfied employee or bitterly dissatisfied employed is likely to do a better job. Your strictly quantity based system of promotion has brought more dishonesty than I've ever seen in any other work place.

Other Employee Reviews for RGIS

"Horrible training they fire you for doing your job as trained if they do not want you anymore."

Former Employee - Team Leader Auditor in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Team Leader Auditor in Roanoke, VA

I worked at RGIS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No reason except no drug test no background check they hire felons

Cons

Supervisors are promoted by who you know not what you know, the VA district very unorganized and rude to their employees. It is nothing to get yelled at in the store by other employees and supervisors. Long hours bad pay no benefits to speak of you have to drive yourself most of the time you are expected to work whenever they call or you get a short schedule if you call in sick they take you off the schedule for a week even if it is excused

Advice to Management

listen to your employees and do not be rude and condescending promote on merit not who the supervisor likes an does not like

"Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at RGIS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good job experience for those who don't have any

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work that you do. No benefits that help the employees. Management not the greatest. Overall more cons then pros.

Advice to Management

Better use of time management.