RGIS - used to be good job | Glassdoor

"used to be good job"

Former Employee - Assistant Team Leader in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Assistant Team Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at RGIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if you work good and fast which i surprisingly did even though i weighed 330lbs at the time, i was 2nd fastest in the team by the end of the 1st week and i really didnt feel i was going that fast and i wasnt scanning the high buck stuff either, i was stoned the entire time as well, the no drug test was awesome but i hear that changed.

I quickly got a pay raise to 10.50/hr from 8.50 as did a friend of mine who started with me. I was on the travelling team which helps with the bad hours others are describing, in january when i quit there were no travelling jobs for a few months and it was all local with HORRIBLE hours everyone else describes and didnt want to do it anymore. When you travel they pay for the hotel and you get a per diem for food, it was 2 home depots a week which took 2 half days to complete with 1 day off in between to do whatever, i had a 40 mpg car and chose to drive myself with my buddy so i could smoke and riding in the vans with sweaty stinky people wasnt for me. I could also get out and about on these times off which was nice but they offered me the chance to be van driver so i jumped at that and got to take the vans out for food etc on time off periods. They had a travelling wal mart and home depot team. Walmart did 4 stores a wk with no break. Within a month my friend and i got promoted to asst team leaders. I hear all the structuring changed along with pay not soon after i left.

If you can travel id suggest the travelling teams for better more consistent hours, local really sucked .

Cons

Local teams have horrible hours and distances to travel, and i hear the pay sucks and pay raises are almost unheard of anymore, i worked back in 05, they would only let me choose 2008 for most recent

Advice to Management

Gas is expensive, offer gas compensation for local workers, offer a livable wage, an inventory costs a store Thousands and they pay pennies.

Other Employee Reviews for RGIS

1. "Auditor"

Former Employee - Auditor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Auditor in Houston, TX

I worked at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work any hours that is available, perfect part time job

Cons

They never give you 40hours.

Advice to Management

Too many changes in management, they fires people like crazy.

"Don't plan on sleeping"

Former Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at RGIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers a good down to earth people that are trying their best and will help you, you just have to ask.

Cons

Hours were crazy. I worked 30 hours straight at one point. Don't get time to eat, sleep, you'll be sick most of the winter. Working 50 hours a week in the norm. Anything less feels like a vacation.

Advice to Management

Pay more or add another manager because its to much stress and to many accounts on each one.