RGIS - Unlike any other, sometimes good and many times bad. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

"Unlike any other, sometimes good and many times bad."

Current Employee - Inventory Taker
Current Employee - Inventory Taker

I have been working at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours. Some jobs can be easy. Its a paying job in a very bad job market. It can be a good 2nd job for many people. It can be a good part time job for people depending the district you work for. Some districts are better then others.

Cons

Lots of times people work long shifts without getting breaks. Many times we are stuck driving a long ways to work and we only get to work 2 hours. We are only guarnteed 2 hours minimun pay per store. When we ride in company vans we DO NOT get paid for the 1st hour of travel each way unless you are the driver. Sometimes even on travel meets they will have us work around 5 hours then make us take a 30 or 45 min UNPAID lunch then they will have us work less then an hour after lunch then send us home and they don't give us our paid break. A lot of our travel meets are a 1 hour drive each way or less so thats 2 hours of unpaid travel time we are stuck with. People that are above the auditor level (lowest pay grade) tend to be worried about losing there raises (sometimes 50 cents an hour and getting demoted back to auditor level. Every few weeks or so people get reviewed and sometimes people lose their raises because their APH (average pieces counted per hour) gets too low. Very often APH levels are not in the control of the employees and APH levels can vary dramatically depending on what stores and sections you are assigned. RGIS pays people for production not accuracy. The hourly bonus policy is unrealistic and unfair. Some RGIS drivers drive poorly.

Advice to Management

RGIS needs to focus more on accuracy. Too many people are focused on speed at the expense of accuracy. They should background check and drug test all flow leaders, team leaders, supervisors and managers. Management needs to revise the APH policy and make it more realistic.

Other Employee Reviews for RGIS

"Auditor"

Pros

Friendly, different work environment every day.

Cons

Hours, pay, driving, benefits, pay

"Tedious"

I worked at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours if you're fast at counting.

Cons

Hours inconsistent, low pay, people cheat to meet quota.

Advice to Management

Dont let people batch.