RGIS - Interesting job | Glassdoor

"Interesting job"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at RGIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with some fun people.

Cons

You may not get the hours you need to pay your bills.

Advice to Management

Use the options that you give the employees. If you say be dressed a certain way and some employees are not, send them home. If you don't want tattoos showing then follow your own rules about it.

Other Employee Reviews for RGIS

"Inventory Taker"

Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Binghamton, NY

I worked at RGIS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are flexible and, until recently (2010) workers helped each other.

Cons

Enormous pressure to achieve APH (average per hour). Pay seemed to be linked exclusively to speed and not accuracy or teamwork. Corporate seems to be quite removed from the work done by hourly workers and instead relies on spreadsheets to determine how work is to be done.

Advice to Management

Treat workers with more respect.

2. "OK if you need a part time position to supplement your income or are a college student seeking summer work."

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Mint Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Mint Hill, NC

I have been working at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, easy work, decent pay. Excellent summer job for a teenager or college student .Great job if you are looking to supplement your income. If you can work production you have a great chance to make decent money.

Cons

Traveling long distances to do four or 5 hours worth of work, no mileage compensation, scare tactics. Manager told us at training that people from corporate were sitting and watching us through a security camera in the ceiling of the store. Not a good job for someone needing full time hours and benefits. One break per shift. Work can be tiring at times. Not a good position for someone with health issues This is not an ideal job if you have small children because sometimes you have to work 3rd shift.

Advice to Management

Stop the scare tactics and do not talk to me about my former job which is your competitor. My former employer used to work for RGIS and I was told the reasons that he left/ was terminated. None of my business. Thoughts like that need to be kept to one's self. Don't assume all people who come to work for you are desperate or stupid. Scare tactics are childish and unprofessional. Your 10 keys are hard to use.