Employee Review

Former Employee

Not Worth It

Sep 3, 2013 - Inventory Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Frequent change of environment -Work is easy (sometimes mind numbingly so) -They will work around your schedule if need be. -They pay more than minimum wage (kind of. See below)

Cons

-The hours are insane. It's not uncommon to not get home from a store until midnight or later and have to work at 4 am the next day. -The travel system is a rip off. You are not paid for the first hour of travel, there and back. I would be sent to stores that are an hour each way and only take three hours to count. Therefore I worked 5 hours but was only paid for 3, which comes to well below minimum wage. So, although your hourly rate doesn't appear to be minimum wage, most of the time it is actually below that when you figure in travel. -Management is bad. If you work for this company, make sure to keep track of your time and check your pay stub. Management will screw you over on your time, taking off an hour or adding a lunch that you never took. When I did find these 'mistakes' on my pay stub, management took forever to fix them and pay me for my time. -Employee morale is nonexistent. No call no shows are a common occurrence, leaving the people who actually do show up to pick up the slack. Management doesn't do a thing about it. -The company van is disgusting and dangerous. It smells. They allow pretty much anyone to drive it. I've witnessed employees doing drugs in the van on the way to stores. Management was notified, and those employees were not fired. -This could just be my district, but my co-workers were so unprofessional to the point where is was embarrassing. There were people who hardly showered, people who would be nodding out during inventories because they were so messed up on drugs. -All the company cares about are the numbers (and trust me, you are just a number to them). They say accuracy is their primary concern and that couldn't be more untrue.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Jul 25, 2021 - Inventory Specialist in Santa Maria, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company to work for

Cons

Managers are mean at times

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great part time job

Sep 15, 2021 - Inventory Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your day is always different going to different retailers. Great place to do your own work and go home with nothing left at the end of the day. It is easy if you give the time to learn. They worked well with my scheduling. The faster you count, the more they pay you!

Cons

Hours can vary a lot from days to nights and many hours to slower. It is a part time job, but that comes with the benefits of them knowing they are strictly part time so you may have another job.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about RGIS.