RGM Advisors, LLC - Ideal company for techies with interests in finance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RGM Advisors, LLC

"Ideal company for techies with interests in finance."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RGM Advisors, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The firm went the extra mile to make the office a place employees WANT to go to every workday.
-At the same time, the firm is very supportive of flexible working arrangements (some people work primarily from home).
-At the end of the day, it is really a technology company (that makes money using its own financial trading systems).
-No customers and/or investors. The company is completely self-funded and funds operations through returns on its own investment activity.
-Due to the various smart policies and unique characteristics, including those listed above, everyone at the company seems “happier” than at any other companies I have worked for.

Cons

There is not a ladder of arbitrarily made up titles to climb and turnover seems very low for a financially related company (these are actually pros to me, but may be cons to individuals acclimated to the finance industry).

Advice to Management

You have put together an awesome company by maintaining a very free and creative environment. At this point, introducing a higher level of standardization could help scalability (thinking more along the lines of operational/coding standardization than “dress code”).

Other Employee Reviews for RGM Advisors, LLC

"Great Experience So Far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RGM Advisors, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It seems like there is a great work-life balance here at RGM, which was a huge factor for myself when looking for careers. The benefits they provide really are very competitive for the Austin area and make it an overall very attractive package. I love the laid back environment and like knowing if I want or need to speak with upper management for anything, they are right down the hall (which isn't very common in companies anymore!) Overall I am very pleased with RGM thus far and look forward to growing my career with them!

Cons

No cons that I have experienced since starting

"Great company for those with families and who want to stay firmly in your comfort zone."

Former Employee - Trader in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Trader in Austin, TX

I worked at RGM Advisors, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comfortable offices, and constantly changing difficult problem to solve. Very sharp colleagues.

Cons

Horizontal management structure limits any growth. Compensation is driven by random assignment of strategy allocation, and well below industry standards. One of my colleagues referred to the system of resource allocation as a high school popularity contest.