RGP - Great Company when you're not on the bench | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RGP

"Great Company when you're not on the bench"

Current Employee - Consultant in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at RGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great projects, good people to work with, good pay and benefits, Account Managers that really work with you to find opportunities. Very much a hit the ground running culture.

Cons

Bench time when there are not projects in your area of expertise. Management sides with the client a bit too much when there are differences of opinion. The client's perception is always right, but this does not mean that the client is always right. True client management addresses this situation.

Advice to Management

Understand some of the adverse motives of your clients. Things are not always as they appear. Not all clients hire consultants with positive motives in mind. This makes it very difficult for consultants to exceed client expectations.

Other Employee Reviews for RGP

"RGP - Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RGP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to contribute to clients, challenging work, flexibility, good benefits.

Cons

Could be on the bench after rolling off an engagement.

"Positive overall"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at RGP as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel I am respected and well treated as an "asset" and re: pay and benefits. I have confidence that I am known by inside staff as to my capabilities and get considered for projects as they arise without me worrying about bugging them to stay aware of me.

Cons

If someone doesn't understand the business model, it isn't going to work for them. You have no assurances when or how long a project is going to last but that comes with the territory. I am not confident that that RGP is getting the word out to the business community as to how the model works. Too many people have never heard of us.

Advice to Management

Be careful on how your benefit coverages evolve given Obamacare. There are those that love the benefits but if you curtail them and Obamacare creates other options, your Consultants have less reason to sit on the bench waiting for a project.