RGS Energy - Good stepping stone... | Glassdoor

"Good stepping stone..."

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at RGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to get your foot in the door
Good down to earth people for the most part

Cons

Upper management does not provide clear leadership or direction

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees feedback and don't disregard

Other Employee Reviews for RGS Energy

1. "Residential project foreman"

Current Employee - Foreman in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Foreman in Louisville, CO

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of only a few public solar companies. Corporate structure is helpful in navigating a complicated solar landscape.

Cons

Corporate structure sometimes drags out the customer experience. Multiple departments contacting the customer sometimes overwhelms the customer.

Advice to Management

More direct support to sales stuff from marketing department would help with lead generation and ultimately reduce employee turnover and increase sales success.

"I thought this company would support me."

Current Employee - Spc
    Current Employee - Spc

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a great story, its 35 years in the solar industry and the fact that its part of Giam and its been around selling stuff to people who care about the world and global warming and all that lovely heart warming stuff.

Cons

There is NO structure, none at all. Its a constant shift and move leaving in its wake many customers who are confused at the process or feel that they are not being taken care of. There are too many people who are not buying into the system of selling energy, they are stuck thinking that what they are doing is selling solar systems and not the energy that the system creates. Management is a waste who does not answer their phone or return emails on vital projects that have been sold! I am ashamed of the treatment that some of my customers get, I am ashamed that no one seems to care about what is happening to an individual customer.

Advice to Management

Care, Just care about about your employees and develop a proper procedure as well as an environment where people believe in what we in this industry are doing. we are selling power to people, not the systems, the systems are a not what we are selling, they are what creates the power that will power america if we can get this thing going off the ground.
    once you have the right culture, then train people on that culture and make sure that it is constantly elaborated on and there is a good understanding why we are doing what we are doing.
     I think many of us are at this company because we believe in green energy, we believe that the sun can generate enough power to meet our demands as a nation, but if your people are not simplifying this process, then there is no way that we can go out and sell the wold on what we can do if half the people at the company don't believe or understand what we are doing.
    Culture change, the company needs a culture change desperately.