RGS Energy - Good people in the trenches. Very weak executive management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RGS Energy

"Good people in the trenches. Very weak executive management."

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at RGS Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent, knowledgeable people where the rubber hits the road (technicians, installers, service).

Cons

Lot's of M&A without the executive talent needed to integrate the new companies. Execs are out of touch with what is happening in local markets. Lots of turnover among the good managers, leaving only the weak ones hanging on.

Advice to Management

Each market is different. Hire competent regional managers, get out of their way and let them do their thing. A centrally managed bureaucracy rarely works at any company and is particularly bad in a rapidly evolving industry which is very different in each geography.

Other Employee Reviews for RGS Energy

"One of the original solar companies trying to modernize to the crazy new solar market"

Current Employee - Solar Power Consultant
    Current Employee - Solar Power Consultant

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company history
    Great brand recognition with solar enthusiasts and hippies

Cons

Identity crisis due to many acquisitions and internal changes

Advice to Management

Refocus on training. You are no longer the smartest or most trustworthy solar company because your new hires are not properly trained

"I thought this company would support me."

Current Employee - Spc
    Current Employee - Spc

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a great story, its 35 years in the solar industry and the fact that its part of Giam and its been around selling stuff to people who care about the world and global warming and all that lovely heart warming stuff.

Cons

There is NO structure, none at all. Its a constant shift and move leaving in its wake many customers who are confused at the process or feel that they are not being taken care of. There are too many people who are not buying into the system of selling energy, they are stuck thinking that what they are doing is selling solar systems and not the energy that the system creates. Management is a waste who does not answer their phone or return emails on vital projects that have been sold! I am ashamed of the treatment that some of my customers get, I am ashamed that no one seems to care about what is happening to an individual customer.

Advice to Management

Care, Just care about about your employees and develop a proper procedure as well as an environment where people believe in what we in this industry are doing. we are selling power to people, not the systems, the systems are a not what we are selling, they are what creates the power that will power america if we can get this thing going off the ground.
    once you have the right culture, then train people on that culture and make sure that it is constantly elaborated on and there is a good understanding why we are doing what we are doing.
     I think many of us are at this company because we believe in green energy, we believe that the sun can generate enough power to meet our demands as a nation, but if your people are not simplifying this process, then there is no way that we can go out and sell the wold on what we can do if half the people at the company don't believe or understand what we are doing.
    Culture change, the company needs a culture change desperately.