RHA Health Services - Started off rough, but positive changes have been happening! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RHA Health Services

"Started off rough, but positive changes have been happening!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

I have been working at RHA Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have a great team and supervisors that support me and give me wonderful guidance. I have been given incredible opportunities because people here believe in me. I love my job, and I love going to work everyday! I also believe that RHA sincerely cares about their consumers and about investing in their employees.

Cons

When I first started to work for RHA the level of trust I had in my supervisor and my co-workers was very low. There have been some significant changes to help remedy all of this, and now I have the utmost trust in my current supervisor and in my co-workers.

Advice to Management

People should be compensated based on their performance, not how long they have been with a company. Please continue to consider this!

Other Employee Reviews for RHA Health Services

"Caring Teammates"

I have been working at RHA Health Services full-time

Pros

Within my regional unit there is support and backup. The unit works as a team. Immediate supervisors/management are caring and supportive. They are approachable. They understand when life stressors occur.
    Good insurance program with wellness incentives. Agency promotes employee health and wellness.

Cons

Management above our unit are micromanagers over our regional management.
    I have never seen a written policy and procedure manual. .
    Staff are expected to meet productivity quota but there is no consideration or compensatory time allowed for hours worked in excess of 40 hours to meet expectations. 8 hours earned each paycheck for paid time off to use for sick leave and vacation; must also use for paid holidays. No designated Easter holiday.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and trust your regional supervisors and managers. Compile a concise and complete policy and procedure manual.

RHA Health Services Response

Jun 17, 2014 – HR Director

Thank you for your review. It is good to see you are finding your employment at RHA rewarding and you value the benefits program. We pay for all time worked if you are being encouraged to not... More

2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maiden, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maiden, NC

I have been working at RHA Health Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

RHA is a great organization to work for with lots of opportunities for advancement. Hard work and dedication is recognized and rewarded by senior management. I have worked for the company for 9 years and within 3 years I was promoted twice. Very talented workforce who are dedicated to providing quality supports to individuals with I/DD.

Cons

Since the services provided by RHA are primarily Medicaid funded, compensation for Direct Support Associates and other positions is low. This is not unique to RHA as wages are comparible to other organizations in this industry.

Advice to Management

- continue to explore cost saving measures in an effort to increase wages
    - continue to advocate for Medicaid rate increases
    - explore other ways (besides $) to reward employees for all their hard work