RISI - Really an amazing company, great brand, high level of integrity and fun! | Glassdoor

"Really an amazing company, great brand, high level of integrity and fun!"

Current Employee - Management in Boston, MA

I have been working at RISI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customers NEED our products - we are the dominant player in the forest products market research industry. High level of Integrity - the economists are really good at forecasting and our journalists great at breaking news & price reporting, and we never compromise on questions of integrity. Sales team structure is improving and we are getting more focused on getting the value we deserve from customers. ... Opportunities abound - we are working through some difficult challenges and seeing some aggressive growth as a result which is really intense and exciting at the same time! New Customer Packages - we've recently redesigned our products suite to make it easier for clients to buy and for sales reps to sell, and this seems to be working extremely well.

Cons

Our customer data [CRM] is a bit discombobulated. We have too many customer databases and as a result it can be hard for our sales reps to sell to the right companies, and for our customers to get to the right sales rep in an orderly fashion. Once we fix this challenge, we can grow even faster!

Advice to Management

Keep charging forward, and continue to invest in our great products, and more sales people to sell them.

RISI2015-04-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Growing Price Reporting & Analytics firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I have been working at RISI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

RISI is a growing firm, and continues to grow at a [relatively] fast pace. With RISI being acquired by Euromoney in the spring of 2017, its brought stability, investment, and great ideas in terms of future growth strategy in the Forest Products pricing and forecasting areas. The new CEO, Dan Klein, is very engaging and connected with staff. As a consumer I had never heard of RISI, and I imagine most people... have not. However, if you are in the paper industry RISI is like the Wall Street Journal - everyone reads it and the Pulp & Paper Week brand is massive. Walk down the aisles in your local grocery store, and look around at all of those boxes. Imagine how many boxes Amazon delivers in a year and how much those boxes cost. RISI's prices drive over $70B in global trade every year in boxes, paper, wood & timber. Overall communication on performance and results and corporate initiatives is quote good with monthly company meetings and transparency given on how the company is doing. From work life balance and benefits perspective RISI is a great place to work. Benefits are world class, and the team does a good job of making the office environment fun with happy hours and summer barbecues.

Cons

Bedford office building is not the most attractive building on the outside. Inside is quite nice though. Could be more culturally diverse.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees and some more career path development would be big.

RISI2018-01-11

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in New Bedford, MA

I worked at RISI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great work life balance, 9 to 5 type of workplace - flexible schedule, just make sure you get your job done - Good benefits

Cons

- Career growth is literally non existing, the only way to advance is to wait for the head of your department to retire - Limited room for development as a professional- heavily depends on the department you are in. - High employee turnover - Terrible office space in Bedford (headquarters) for a company that outperforms for like 3 years in a row

Advice to Management

Treat "working ants" as the key to your company's success rather than easily replaceable people. That's not how you attract and retain talented employees.

RISI2017-06-14

Discover more reviews about RISI.