RLI - Misled when "hired" for a temp-to-hire position. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RLI

"Misled when "hired" for a temp-to-hire position."

Former Employee - Remittance Processing Clerk in Peoria, IL
Former Employee - Remittance Processing Clerk in Peoria, IL

I worked at RLI part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better than no job at all.

Cons

I left a part-time job that I loved, because I was led to believe that RLI was going to hire me on a temp-to-hire basis. I was to work full 40 hour, 9-5 work-weeks as a temporary employee until then. On my first day there, the other employees told me that they were all part-time employees, some of them temps, and that the company did not like to hire their "temps". There was even one girl that had been "temping" for 1 1/2 years, and they still had not hired her as a regular employee! During my time there, I NEVER had a 40 hour work week. It was always closer to 30 hours, and not even close to the 9-5 hours I was told it would be. Nobody wanted to train me, and when I would ask a question about the work, the lady whom I was supposed to ask would always get mad and sometimes tell me she didn't have time to train me. I finally left after I found another job, but I have always been bitter about RLI for misleading me the way they did. If I had known that was going to happen, I would have stayed at the part time job that I loved!

Advice to Management

Be more careful when you mess with people's lives. I was led to believe this would be a full time job with benefits, but because it was not, my family had to go without health insurance, until I found employment elsewhere.

Other Employee Reviews for RLI

1. "growing company"

Former Employee - Misc in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Misc in Peoria, IL

I worked at RLI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture, benefits, growth environment.

Cons

There are really no cons to working at RLI.

Advice to Management

none

2. "Good solid company"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at RLI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Strong leadership and overall well management company. Good pay, good benefits and a fair bonus program. Good work/life balance with flexible hours and being able to do work at home with a remote desktop. Had to leave the company due to spouse's job opportunity being out of state.

Cons

Some systems and process are a bit antiquated. Investing in building new systems could increase efficiency drastically.