RMF Engineering - Run, don't walk away from the sweat shop | Glassdoor

"Run, don't walk away from the sweat shop"

I have been working at RMF Engineering full-time

Pros

You will get plenty of project exposure as you will be working round the clock on designs.

Cons

1) You must work overtime. Even if you get all the work assigned to you done in 40 hours, you will be looked down upon for not working 50hrs because others "have too much on their plate". 2) Bonuses are based on overtime hours. 3) Because of items 1 and 2 people lie on their time cards to get help from other people so they can work less and get better bonuses. 4) This creates a culture of managers that... manipulate the system to get what they want. 5) Managers often have "meetings" to go to and show up late in the mornings or take long lunches. 6) Non-managers are left to do the work and coordinate with the architects/owners on their own to help out the managers. 7) Managers get all the fame and glory for basically riding someone else to success.

Advice to Management

Its a pyramid scheme and you know it. The person at the top has little to no responsibility (but paid the most) whereas the folks in the trenches get paid the least and worked the hardest.

RMF Engineering2018-11-28

RMF Engineering Response

December 4, 2018Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist

RMF Engineering encourages feedback both positive and negative. We’re dedicated to providing the best careers in the industry. We understand our culture is not a fit for everyone, but for those driven to work with great teams, on great projects that really make a difference, it is a great fit. We work hard, and our managers work the hardest, to bring great solutions to our client’s needs. We share the rewards of our success with everyone based on their overall contribution to that success.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Excellent People, High End Product, Discerning Clientele"

Current Employee - Division Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at RMF Engineering full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Collaborative teams of friends align to provide detailed design documentation to high profile clients. Firm invests big time in its employees through internal education like Leadership Development Program, and Project Management Training. Firm leadership is actively listening and applying input from young employees through the "Ascension Group" program. Great freedom and flexibility for high performing employees!

Cons

People who just want to show up at a job and not grow or take on personal responsibility will not fit well in the more dynamic performance oriented environment. People who require rigid processes may find the more flexible environment challenging.

Advice to Management

Continue to boost flexibility, as technology allows, in the workplace for drafter and designer level employees.

RMF Engineering2019-09-10
  2. "Good People"

Former Intern - Civil COOP in Raleigh, NC

I worked at RMF Engineering for more than a year

Pros

Lots of work, good teaching and training for newer employees

Cons

Never heard financial or corporate details

RMF Engineering2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about RMF Engineering.