RSM - Incredible bosses. Friendly Environment. Great client interaction. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RSM

"Incredible bosses. Friendly Environment. Great client interaction."

Current Employee - Consulting Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Consulting Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Opportunity to be part of a growing company, especially in Consulting. I have been fortunate to have great personal and professional experiences within my group and even with my client(s). I am never scared to approach my boss for anything.

Cons

McGladrey's name is not yet as well recognized as that of the big four accounting firms.

Advice to Management

Keep the benefits coming - small expenses (relative, when compared to salary increases) like giving everyone iPads are very meaningful to employees (it's the little things!).

Other Employee Reviews for RSM

"Good Firm, Poor Pay"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

They have hired a lot of good people and are moving in the right direction with standard processes and technology.

Cons

The pay isn't competitive and the HR is bush league. Also, ditch the whole mid-west small company feel and start landing larger clients for targeted consulting work.

Advice to Management

Look at what they pay at the big 4 and then pay accordingly. If you want to keep losing top performers, continue giving 3% raises and 5% bonuses.

"Not what I expected based on my recruitment"

Current Employee - Associate in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Associate in Madison, WI

Pros

This is a nation firm so there is some name recognition. It is a job so you do get paid.

Cons

They do not seem to follow the stated track for promotions. If you are a brown-noser, you can climb the ladder here. If you just dig in and do good work, do not expect to be rewarded for it. There has been a lot of turnover recently and to combat it, they bring in people from outside firms/industry who are behind the legacy McGladrey employees however get paid more.

Advice to Management

Treat the hard-working employees fairly. Especially those who start out with you and stay with you. Give some training to managers and above on how to communicate better as well.