RSM - Terrific opportunities + wealth of resources + great people + competitive compensation = Great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RSM

"Terrific opportunities + wealth of resources + great people + competitive compensation = Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assurance Senior Associate in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Assurance Senior Associate in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The amount of professional growth that someone can experience in this public accounting firm is endless. From the assurance services side as a Senior Assoicate level, I have a great opportunities to work very closely with my clients from planning through wrap-up as well as being the engagement team leader for staff members. As such, this provides me with opportunities to improve upon my leadership skills, continue to develop my technical expertise, while establishing great professional working relationships with my team members and clients.

Cons

Like most, if not all, public accounting settings, the balance of maintaining a healthy work/life balance can be challenging at times - especially for those who finds themselves to be an overachiever.

Advice to Management

A critical key to our continued success is through our people - let's continue to make sure that we take care of our people. Pay for performance is a good catch phrase, we must make sure that such follow-up is being done.

Other Employee Reviews for RSM

"Excited about working at RSM McGladrey"

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

If you are a person dedicated to your profession and have a sincere desire to do well RSM McGladrey is a good place to work. Hard work and dedication is rewarded. The opportunity seems endless... it is encouraging to see partners in their 30's.

Cons

The downside is the required hours. My guess is that I work somewhere between 2300 and 2500 hours per year, the majority of the overtime during the winter months. Unfortunately this profession is very seasonal - there really is no way around it.

Advice to Management

I would hope senior management would see how hard people work during busy season and would allow for more flexible work hours in the off-season.

2. "Great career experience"

Current Employee - Audit Supervisor
    Current Employee - Audit Supervisor

Pros

Great Career opportunities. clients are smaller allowing employees opportunities to get a wide variety of experience

Cons

Can be disorganized. disagregated from national office. not necesarry one voice from office to office in comparison to big 4

Advice to Management

get more organized and start running firm like a national firm