RTKL Associates - It only takes a few bad apples... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RTKL Associates

"It only takes a few bad apples..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Reputable firm
Beautiful offices/location
Good people aside from a handful of some very self-interested directors

Cons

My lackluster review of working for this company may have more to do with the politics, impersonal culture and limited opportunities I experienced on my team. I sensed that perhaps it was different on other teams and offices. However, because of the lack of comraderie or opportunities to work across teams, I will never know for sure. In my experience, this is a very top down organization (at least in the D.C. office) that only opens doors for those who are willing to put in their time stabbing backs and stepping on toes to get there. Everyone else just plugs along with their marching orders. Not a very innovative or exciting environment.

Other Employee Reviews for RTKL Associates

"I was not given a job description and then told I wasn't meeting expectations. and th"

Former Employee - Communications Professional in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Communications Professional in Washington, DC

Pros

- The firm is very open to new ideas
    - They encourage their employees to take chances and become leaders

Cons

- The company has little patience for people who don't get their culture right away
    - Senior-level management are untouchable and there isn't accountability for them. They may not adhere to the review-structure set in place by the firm, but the firm doesn't hold them accountable.

Advice to Management

In the interview process, be more upfront about what you expect from your employees. The company also sells itself as forward thinking, but is unwilling to take architectural risks and risks in how it communicates with its clients.

"Good office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The location is good. It is in downtown area. Do not need to stay up late or work during the weekend

Cons

it is poor design, altough there is a lot of projects. Very little thing about architectural design and creativity though.

Advice to Management