Rackspace - A great company with some great achievements and great problems. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

"A great company with some great achievements and great problems."

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator III in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator III in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Co-workers for the most part are some of the most technically talented in the business. Senior Leadership and our CEO is very optimistic and visionary and you can't help but love the guy because he has a great personality. Free Drinks. Casual Dress Code. and Friends and Family policy.

Cons

Salaries are under the industry average for just about every position. The only reason we retain any talent is due to the poor economy and nice culture. Stock Options/raises/bonuses are a joke for support floor Rackers if they are available at all. The new middle management layer has done more damage than good. Many do not understand the responsibilities of the Rackers they manage and this causes confusion and poor performance reviews based on ignorance and reading statistic spreadsheets. Nobody on the support floor seems to be appreciated at all anymore due to the disconnect between mid management and Rackers...even though Upper Management says we are the secret sauce.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring more mid-managers and use the money to hire more support floor Rackers to keep Fanatical Support alive. Treat your Senior Rackers like they are worth gold..because they are. Give everyone a defined path of career advancement and please keep salaries at the industry average so we can hold on to the people who helped make Rackspace a great company to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace

"Fanatical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Amazing place to work. Flexible. Possesses an awesome Culture. And our customers are amazing. If you love working with people, you will love this place.

Cons

With great culture unfortunately comes cliques, favoritism, and unfairness at times. A lot of ups and downs here but our senior leadership is amazing.

"Great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Employees treat each other with respect, like friends and family. I can count on my fellow co-workers to do their best.

Cons

The rate of change can be a little overwhelming at times. Sometimes that makes keeping up with information a little difficult.