Rackspace - It has been great. | Glassdoor

"It has been great."

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-flexibility of schedule
-lots of opportunity for self-guiding, career minded people

Cons

-lower starting salaries
-immature internal processes due to being a relatively young company

Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace

1. "All about culture -- and aces it."

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company's commitment to culture is unfathomable without being in the company. Everyone eat lives and breaths the awesomeness that we give to each other. Yeah it's a little funky, but we're fundamentally a service company, and the best way to give service to our customers it to give service to each other.
    There is a lot placed on the 'intangible' in Rackspace, but that's what makes it unique, and better.

The business has a good strategy, and it's very open to the employees. I sincerely trust upper management. That's _weird_.

Cons

If you don't fit the culture, you don't stay long. I've had good friends leave because it just wasn't the place for them, or they just didn't click perfectly. Politics happens, and there's fall out because of it, but at the same time the company as a whole moves forward.

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Linux Systems Engineer III in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Linux Systems Engineer III in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and people. Hiring is tough and culture fit is the first thing we assess with potential candidates. We use the latest technologies and you get to work on very interesting problems. A single person can have a great impact. Our customer-focused fanatical support isn't just something we say -- it's real.

The rack also has a very good life/work balance and is very family focused. Having to leave early to pick your kids up from school from time to time is no problem. As long as work gets done, that is!

Cons

The customer is king and sometimes we need to drop everything to help a customer out. The rapidly evolving cloud ecosystem means we sometimes need to quickly change course, which can be frustrating, but it's just a fact of life in the technology biz.

Advice to Management

Keep it going the way it is. Keeping the culture of the company intact as we quickly grow can be tough, but so far it's working.