Rackspace - Rackspace is fantastic! | Glassdoor

"Rackspace is fantastic!"

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator I in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator I in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emphasis on individual growth both personally and professionally, excellent benefits and bonus structure, positive workplace environment and great morale, high value on work/life balance.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that I find negative about this employer. I am still pumped to come to work everyday!

Advice to Management

Thanks for valuing us and helping us to utilize our strengths to be successful and your continued use of the quarterly Rackerpulse helps to insure that morale stays high. Love it!

Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace

"Great culture, low pay."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lack of flexibility and pay

Cons

Culture and location in Austin

Advice to Management

Pay more.

"Office politics trumps performance - worst example of office politics in my career."

Current Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people - super intelligent folks. Hard workers. There are some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure to work with - unfortunately, their work is sullied by the politics - see below. There are folks I've met there whom I trust implicitly.

Cons

TL/DR - it's like high school all over again.

Some mistakes re: poor hiring into leadership positions made in the early years are being institutionalized. This is the modern equivalent of a "good ol' boys club". Office politics run rampant - internal (personal) marketing campaigns mean more than actual business results.

There is a lack of critical thinking or analysis applied to many issues. Sufficient application of enthusiasm and BS is enough to get past the most cursory of examinations. If you have no integrity or no qualms about blatantly placing self-interest above all else, this is an environment in which you can thrive. If you do have integrity or choose to place the interests of the company or others above your own, you will be beaten at every turn by those with questionable ethics.

I've seen several people deliver business results while tending to the relationships on their team - I've been close enough to see both the metrics and the relationships involved in the situation - and yet get passed over for promotions, or even forced out of the company due to petty office politics.

Advice to Management

Get back in touch with the CORE values. Get back involved in the business. Get involved in the culture. The overriding emotion is FEAR due to a lack of trust in many in leadership. Those poor choices in leadership positions are gutting the confidence in the entirety of the business.