RadioShack - Great place to work at, very easy way to make money based on how you sell. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

"Great place to work at, very easy way to make money based on how you sell."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Puyallup, WA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Puyallup, WA

Pros

Bonuses from selling products. It allows you to work harder.

Cons

Shipment is always a pain, checking off items and putting them up on the shelves or where it needs to go.

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack

1. "Incompetent and uncaring management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakeland, FL

Pros

The atmosphere in the store is generally laid back. You get some decent discounts on things like cellphones or computers. If you're good at sales, you can make decent commission.

Cons

My manager was constantly unavailable when he was working with me. He'd often be on personal calls or busy browsing the work computer in the back. He also took a lot of my certification quizzes for me (not at my request) so I was less knowledgeable when it came to product/procedures. He never shared the blame for any wrongdoing or miscommunication in the store. I ended up talking at length to the DM about his way of working because things often went backwards in our store. He was fired about 4 months after I spoke to her. Apart from the manager, the company only cares to focus on CELLPHONES, CELLPHONES, CELLPHONES!!! All else is secondary. If you can sell a phone to someone who only comes in to buy batteries, you can make yourself a decent paycheck otherwise you have to settle for minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Competence is necessary but so is common sense. I have no idea how some of these people made it so far in this company. Something just isn't right.

"Like another position, no drive equal no results"

Current Employee - Manager in Richboro, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Richboro, PA

Pros

Good development
    If you know how to grow your store then you will make some great bonuses, raises, and salary
    Decent health benefits
    Pay is better than before( only heard stores of the past)

Cons

Focuses tend change every few weeks and when you get good at one they change to another point. It does get harder to move up from the DM level to the RSD level but there are fewer positions the higher up you go.

Advice to Management

Keep building you workforce and promote an environment that people will like to work in. Every store should have an assistant manager, this would reduce the shrinkage and theft in the store.