RadioShack - THE WORST JOB EXPERIENCE of MY LIFE | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

"THE WORST JOB EXPERIENCE of MY LIFE"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at RadioShack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee Discount is somewhat decent.
They have stores close to where ever you live, so proximity is good.Benefits are ok, nothing to be too happy about.

Cons

Management
Stores look dated
lack of merchandise
needlessly pressuring employees from above.
possibly the worst job of my life.

Advice to Management

Have reasonable expectations for employees.

Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack

"Target Mobile Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Hourly based plus commission, great benefits, incentive programs, room for growth

Cons

lots of different policies and procedures that can become redundant, micro-management at times

Advice to Management

Do not promote store associates to managers or hire outside management just because you need someone immediately. Spend the time to find the right people for the job.

"This company could be so much more than it currently is."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Farmington, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Farmington, MI

Pros

If you are a people person, this can be a fun place to work.

Cons

With the primary focus on wireless, very little attention was paid to the rest of the store. Even though wireless only made up about 50% of our business, the focus on it was closer to 95%. The goals were very unrealistic and daunting.

Management at this company, I'm not sure whether to hate them or pity them, perhaps a bit of both. I've never seen a company so willing to fire people the first time they fail to reach their goals. When I left the acting district manager had a policy in place of firing managers the first time(with no warning)they failed to reach 3 out of 6 metrics, or they failed to have the best numbers in the store. The last thing that management seems to have in mind is the welfare of the people below them, at any level. I was at the company for a relatively long time compared to most, and I saw many a manager burn out and lose their job, their benifits and on at least one occasion, their mind.

Advice to Management

Perhaps they need to understand that paying next to nothing, and then relentlessly punishing the very people that work at the stores isn't the smartest of strategies. Happy employees are productive employees, just as sad or scared employees are detrimental to good business.