RadioShack - Bad corporate, bad pay, slow stores | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

"Bad corporate, bad pay, slow stores"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Lewisville, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Theres really not a lot I can say positive about this company. If you happen to be a store manager you do get the flexibility to make your own schedule.

Cons

Pay for regular hourly employees is minimum wage. There are no raises. The company believes that you make your own raises by selling more cell phones and getting more spiffs. Recently corporate changed policies in an effort to make the job better for employees. In the short amount of time since that, they have altered or canceled almost all of these changes. Overall, it seems like they just don't care enough for their employees and it shows in the turnover that the stores experience.

Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack

"Been there for 5 years trying to get out"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping solve problems for customers, some associates

Cons

Horrible fear tactics with no concern for any employee's including top performers. I have been there over 7 years and all commissions have been cut to almost nothing. There is no long term plan to do the things that matter to improve the health of our company. Turnover and qualified candidates is immeasurably negative due to the coarse Radioshack is on. Never become a manager unless you want to make as much as a regular associate but work 55 hrs a week All three managers that I had when we divided there salaries by there hrs I made more than one of them per hr and the other two were very close to my pay.

Advice to Management

Hit the Reset button all the way to the top. Start a new campaign to hire DM's and Store Managers who believe in Empathy, Trust, Honesty and taking care of the employees that take care of the company vs stealing hrs out of paychecks of thousands of workers. Say thank you not only to the team but to individuals who do not sacrifice values to get a sale and who perform.

2. "Radio Shack - Target Mobile"

Current Employee - Kiosk Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Kiosk Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been a manager for almost 2 years and I love running my Target Mobile Kiosk. I manage 2 associates set schedules and responsible for the whole operation. New commission rates are easy to understand and to obtain.

Cons

Managers are required to work a min of 6 hrs every sat and sun but with personal time, vacation time and a flexible district manager this is not a big issue.

Advice to Management

Became manager from an associate in less than 6 months. Started as a part time assoc. then full time then manager