Radwell International - 1 | Glassdoor

"1"

Pros

Busy office, clean. Easy to take time off.

Cons

Promotions are hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the people that work for you.

Other Employee Reviews for Radwell International

"This Needs to be Said."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willingboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willingboro, NJ

I have been working at Radwell International full-time

Pros

I have read some rather negative reviews lately that I feel misrepresent this company and how it treats its employees. I understand that people are more likely to write complaints rather than praises but I truly feel some of these complaints are disrespectful. I do not have a relationship with the owner and I think it is important to note since most of these reviews claim people here are unqualified due to their relationships. I came to Radwell out of college with an overwhelming amount of debt and a drive to work. I think people here are confused that this place is something other than what it is; a place to work. The comments about the gym, fish tanks, and cafeteria are outlandish because honestly they don’t do anything to contribute to the fact that we are here to work and we should just be grateful for these benefits. The gym is free and incredibly designed, we should be grateful instead of complain why the owner would put in these frivolous things. When I saw a remark about the owner spending more on the community that on its people internally, I felt completely disheartened. Any time someone has experienced a tragedy, set back, or loss, the owner personally makes sure that his employee is taken care of and their job remains. I have not personally had to experience something like this but I have built relationships with people who have lost a family member, gotten sick, or lost their house and I know that without the owner’s personal assistance, they would not be where they are now financially and emotionally. With over 900 people in this company it’s amazing to think that this company can still take care of individuals in this manner. I interviewed at many companies after college and personally chose to work here because this is a privately held company and we are treated like people and not a number. When the company transitioned into a larger more automated facility, I among with many of my peers were amazed to see that the company did not lay anyone off. This would never have happened in the companies that most of the people I graduated with work for. Though it might not have been the most cost efficient decision I was proud to share that I work for a company that cares about keeping jobs in this rapidly improving technological environment. If you want to make money there are plenty of opportunities. This company does not hand out money for free, if you want it and you work for it, it’s there. Overtime opportunities are excellent, Saturdays are often scheduled to allow people to catch up on work and what I don’t understand is why people are complaining about the opportunity to make more money. Company goals are competitive and they are competitive because it aims to be the best and I think this company believes they have hired the best talent who are capable to do this. It is time to stop berating one of the few self made success stories and start realizing that a company like this is rare and if you don’t want to work for what you get then this may not be the company for you.

Cons

I do understand some of the comments about HR being unapproachable. It may be something to look into about softening the approach in which HR handles the employees. I think that since the company is expanding and business has really picked up over the last two years some people may feel that the lines of communication have been hindered. I had an opportunity to sit at an employee round table discussion and I felt this was extremely beneficial for giving employees across all levels a chance to speak. Maybe these could be increased.

Advice to Management

It may be time to start increasing the qualifications of the personnel being hired. Most importantly I think that more time should be spent on examining the character and work ethic of who is being hired. You stress that Radwell is a family environment I am not quite sure that the right type people are here to position Radwell as the leader in the industrial automation market. Thank you for considering me in this extremely competitive job market. I know that I and many others here see how important it is to have a job in a company like this and we do not take it for granted.

2. "Radwell - An Evolving Company"

I have been working at Radwell International full-time

Pros

I have recently read a few negative reviews of Radwell that lacked objectivity. It is important to remain objective and realize that it is work, not a place to hang out and socialize, though Radwell does have an arcade area and a beach themed cafeteria area for lunch breaks.

Radwell is a great company to work for, continues to re-invest in it's employees, and gives opportunities to those who stand out and rise above. (like most good companies)

Radwell recently invested in itself and installed an automated bin storage and retrieval system that allows inventory to be retrieved and delivered in a matter seconds! This will help Radwell be able to further support its customers and rapid growth that continues to follow.

With rapid growth, come growing pains. Radwell is a quarter away from launching a whole new ERP system that will streamline many processes and allow for staff members to be able to work smarter and not harder. This will be a massive change for many people, and most people don't like change, but Radwell is investing in itself and its staff members to provide a smarter future.

Radwell continues to grow and learn, and learn and grow, and is evolving into a company that can withstand any economic condition with the offering of new, surplus and repair. As a result, very few layoffs occur. The CEO would rather transfer a staff member than let them go.

Cons

Some decisions are made quickly, that result another change being required shortly after, as a result of the quick decision.

However, Radwell does recognize an oversight and corrects it.