Rady Children's Hospital - A great place to get experience working in a hospital environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rady Children's Hospital

"A great place to get experience working in a hospital environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good (generous PTO, good health care coverage, 401k and pension). Everyone really cares about helping the children of San Diego and I am proud to say I work here.

Cons

Very limited opportunity for advancement. Executives are not very engaged in good communicaton with the staff. They are a bit out of touch at times.

Advice to Management

Create paths for career advancement to help retain some quality employees who otherwise leave for better opportunities.

Other Employee Reviews for Rady Children's Hospital

"Poor Senior Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are great
    The grateful patient families
    Generous paid time off policy
    Continuing education is partially reimbursed by the Organization

Cons

Ineffective Senior Leadership Team
    Very low employee morale from numerous lay-offs (note: lay-offs aren't called "lay-offs" in this Organization. They are called "right-sizing" ...but employees are well aware they are in all actuality, lay-offs."

Advice to Management

If you're going to host "employee forums", please allow more than a half hour. Especially if the forums are going to get off track and not have time for questions.
    Please mean it when you state that there is an Open Door Policy. It feels like lip-service.

2. "I am privileged to share in the mission of this organization."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA

Pros

Accelerated commitment to new IT systems, the new acute care pavilion, leadership development, and employee engagement. Clinical personnel strongly connected to mission. Numerous opportunities for clinical professional development. Unit and department-level initiatives aligned with organizational strategic planning. Shared decision-making forums include direct-care staff.

Cons

Competing priorities. Competing resources. As of yet, lack of clinical and administrative infrastructure to fully support vision to be a leader, recognized nationally and internationally, for excellence in patient research. As a registered nurse, I am not a fan of the nurses union, UNOCH. They do not speak for me or my best interests.

Advice to Management

Very important to continue to commit resources to leadership development.