Rain Bird - Dissapointed in where Rain Bird is today! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rain Bird

"Dissapointed in where Rain Bird is today!"

Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Rain Bird used to have a great Sales and Marketing staff that led the industry in Service to their Customers. Then they started the "MBA requirement" and started hiring almost exclusively from outside the industry. This was the beginning of the slide that today compaired to then has resulted in many comments to me from the industry reguarding the lack of or poor Customer Service.

Cons

I left Rain Bird because I got tired of waiting for them to act on an obvious need in the Market Place that still exists today and for the insentives being put further and further out of reach after having another very successful year of gaining Market Share.

Advice to Management

It's to late for this, They didn't listen then so why would I waste my time trying now!

Other Employee Reviews for Rain Bird

"Not for the needy"

Current Employee - Cube Person in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Cube Person in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Industry leader, excellent product quality. Rain Bird offers a very competitive salary and benefits package and a great 401K plan. We are given the freedom to solve customer problems and provide good solutions to needs in the field.

Cons

We sometimes don't respond to the market as quickly as we should. We have been an industry leader but are losing that reputation. The turn over of product manager staff has hurt our ability to introduce products that are innovative.

Advice to Management

Get into the field more to see what the market is doing. We would be more competitive if our product offering was meeting the market's needs. We seem to be playing catch-up all the time.

"Great company except for the turnover."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great people - very capable employees. Great opportunity for advancement for those who rise to challenges and deliver results. Clear priorities and goals. The industry has great growth prospects.

Cons

High employeee turnover needs to be addressed.

Advice to Management

Find ways to reduce turnover and improve morale. This company could be great if it solved those problems.