Cover image for RainKing

Acquired by ZoomInfo
Is this your company?

RainKing

Add a Review

RainKing is now part of ZoomInfo. For up-to-date information, please see the ZoomInfo profile.

Researcher - Research Associate RainKing Employee Review

1. 1.0
      Aug 7, 2017
      Research Associate
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year
      Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Used to be a great place to work with engaged management. In the past year that has changed for the worse.

Cons

Too many changes way to often. RK has literally opted for the cheapest platforms for contract workers. Not user friendly. As they're asking us to do more w/less they missed payroll 3 weeks in a row!

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        Oct 4, 2018
        Former Employee
        Business Outlook

Pros

good work env iron ment

Cons

benefits - medical, dental not existant

1. 4.0
          Aug 19, 2014
          Research Intern
          Former Intern, less than 1 year
          Bethesda, MD
          Business Outlook

Pros

Worked for RainKing for a couple of months as a Research Intern. Overall the experience was not that bad. Most employees are relatively young in their mid 20's, friendly and approachable, and always willing to lend a hand if you have questions. On my first day, I was introduced to the entire department and had to tell an embarrassing story about myself which was a pretty good icebreaker. I worked with a few supervisors on the Operations team that walked me through the basics of what was needed, but other than that I wasn't micromanaged very much outside of sending reports (emails) letting them know what work was completed. If you like solving problems, are creative, and can work independently it's a pretty good job for $10 dollars an hour. Also - you will never go hungry at this place. It seems like they are always providing lunches and bagels. The dress code is casual to business casual, so it was nice not having to put on a tie and slacks everyday.

Cons

The office is not the easiest to access from the metro as there isn't a direct metro stop but it's a 5-10 minute bus ride on the J2 or J3 from the NIH-Medical Center metro stop (they will reimburse metro expenses up to $70/month. If you have a car - they will pay for your parking.)

Discover more reviews about RainKing.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Project Coordinator

I recently applied for a “Project Support Officer” this from the job description it’s pretty much a Project Coordinator/ Manager position. And I have been asked to create a poster to promote an event for young people that have long term health conditions. Now my question is why is the job advertised exactly like a Project Coordinator position, but Im asked to design a poster?! How can that reflect my experience within the project environment? It makes 0 sense to me.

0 Comments

Development Engineer

Had a peculiar 3-month interview with a scientific organization. Initial online presentation, followed by an unexpected in-person interview, still evaluated by the committee. Salary undisclosed; only relocation package mentioned. The team was satisfied, awaiting HR director approval, requesting references. 2-3 days later, before sending references, informed they chose another candidate. No response to emails; HR silent. Was I backdoor checked?

1 Comment

RFP Coordinator

I have a 5 year gap in my work history due to an illness. How do I explain this? I can't lie, SSD is on my background check as a previous employer. I am on it and looking to re-enter the job market and get off of it, but I understand it is a reason for employers to pause in hiring me.

4 Comments