Rainmaker Entertainment - Some good people working under poor management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rainmaker Entertainment

"Some good people working under poor management"

Former Contractor - Animator in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Contractor - Animator in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Rainmaker Entertainment as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

People working around me, other animators, supervisors etc. were all great, hard working people.

If you stay late, there's some pretty nice dinner options.

In the projects I was involved with, we were given a large amount of creative freedom.

Cons

Budgets are terrible on some projects, and it seems like whatever is the current preferred project ends up sabotaging another. Crews are expected to meet insane quotas while understaffed, while other projects sit around literally doing nothing. The sacrifice they expect and what they offer in return hurts. I had worked for 3-4 years, and felt used and just about ready to give up on the career all-together.

Advice to Management

Treat the crew - the cogs of the studio - like they're valuable. Stop holding on to poor people because they're an old friend. Take some chances and stop doing things "because we've always done it that way". Don't let another Ratchet and Clank or Reboot (rebooted) happen again.

Other Employee Reviews for Rainmaker Entertainment

1. "So Close To Being An Above Average Studio"

I have been working at Rainmaker Entertainment full-time

Pros

Relaxed Work Environment. Great Work Culture. Friendly Co-Workers.

Cons

Focusing on the wrong "innovations". Relaxed work environment causes senior artists to be reluctant to change. Behind on some of the latest animation tools which could help overall efficiency.

Advice to Management

Actually implement positive changes that artists suggest, because listening to them can only go so far until they realize that you won't do it. Try to focus more on the story and writing of your IP's, rather than other trendy concepts to make a show/movie.

2. "Nice company to work for"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Rainmaker Entertainment as a contractor

Pros

The people are kind, generally speaking. The culture feels somewhat professional and organized. It is also diverse. Work expectations for my department are reasonable, but I know other areas have to work overtime.

Cons

It's common sentiment among current and former employees that the company gives considerably lower salary/wages compared to other studios. Most jobs are contracts, which is unfortunate and provides very little stability in life. The industry is like this, though, so I hope there is a shift across the board to manage projects better so there it's not like this.