Ralph Lauren - Selling beautiful high-end fashion in intense commission environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ralph Lauren

"Selling beautiful high-end fashion in intense commission environment."

Former Employee - Sales Professional in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Sales Professional in McLean, VA

Pros

Worked with some of the most fun upbeat people who were interesting in fashion. When it comes to retailers RL does it right from the stores, clothing, design.

Cons

RL does not really look into employee development. Commission based sales can be awesome but can also lead to employees fighting over sales. Employee development is not something focused on at RL. But I imagine other high end retailers, commission-based sales often a career.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed most of the management at RL. Some were really fun and some weren't. Treat employees fairly and help out whenever possible.

Other Employee Reviews for Ralph Lauren

1. "I enjoy the company of whom i work with. I very much like the apparel that we sell as well."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Pros

Good experience, very classy company, management is very nice and always willing to teach you new things. Employee discount!

Cons

Some days are slower then others, some days are great. The slow days effect our employee hours.

Advice to Management

My only advice to the management would be to send more merchandise to the Polo Ralph Lauren Childrens Factory stores!

"It was a great college job, but I would not recommend it as a place to seek a full time career."

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Dallas, TX

Pros

The management was flexible with my hours, working around my class schedules and when possible my school events.

Cons

Compensation as a sales professional in a Ralph Lauren retail store is below average. Also the management team micromanaged everything I did in this position.