Ralph Lauren - Great experience and learning for first time worker | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ralph Lauren

"Great experience and learning for first time worker"

Current Employee - Cash Lead in Dawsonville, GA
Current Employee - Cash Lead in Dawsonville, GA

I have been working at Ralph Lauren part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've met some amazing and aspiring people working here. I've learned so many different trades through out the company, very proud of where I work.

Cons

Hours are not always promised. Management changes a lot.

Advice to Management

Need to get rid of on calls, not convenient to workers. Love the secret shoppers!

Other Employee Reviews for Ralph Lauren

1. "Not the best experience working at Polo Ralph Lauren."

Former Employee - Retail Cashier in Cabazon, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Cashier in Cabazon, CA

I worked at Ralph Lauren part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun working as a team to meet daily sales goals. Amazing to see the amount of customers that come in daily.

Cons

Sometimes, they worry too much about what type of shoes you wear because it isn't their brand, versus the quality of your work, especially if you are a new member. They don't care where you come from or if you are too poor to afford their clothes. They expect you to wear their expensive clothes. Where I worked at, most co-workers bought their clothes at a Ross or other stores of that sort. Your hard work isn't really acknowledge unless your the managers pet. Also, another big reason why I quit is the extremely short hours. I'm talking about two hours a day, 10-15 hours a week, yet the company brings in $50,000 plus a day!! When I worked there, I haven't ever heard an amount under $50,000.

Advice to Management

In my opinion, management lacks a sense of openness, due to the fact they are too hung up on the image they are trying to uphold. It is important that as a big corporation to have higher standards as far as image, but when it overshadows your quality of work and brings down the members, resulting in workers losing interest in their work because of the constant knit picking. It does become a problem, hence, the never ending hiring process. And if work attire is such a big deal,
    then provide workers with clothes like a set or two to get them started. And just because they hold the title management, doesn't mean they have the right to treat you like your nobody!

"My experience at Polo has been eye opening."

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Jackson, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Jackson, NJ

I have been working at Ralph Lauren part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The experience, the people, the networking and the whole atmosphere that Polo Ralph Lauren gives.

Cons

Steadiness in shifts need to be fixed. On calls need to be completely destroyed, only b/c it defers life outside of Polo.

Advice to Management

If theres a way to get comments reviewed by the higher ups so the store can change for the better! I like working for Ralph but i'm not happy being an employee who over achieves and barely recieves compensation for it if any.