Ralph Lauren - Ralph Lauren is amazing! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ralph Lauren

"Ralph Lauren is amazing!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great place to work for. The clothes are amazing, the people are amazing, and the relationships that you will establish are amazing,

Cons

Not too many cons. Benefits could be better, and the commission could be a little higher for long time empployees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It is hard to run a business with so many different people and personalities. Again, good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Ralph Lauren

1. "unsecure financially"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

reputation as a clothing company, benefits

Cons

confusing and unreliable pay structure

Advice to Management

give employs more of a voice

"No hours, on call shifts, way overstaffed"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I work at one of the outlet stores. Its not a large outlet store (no shoe section or houseware), but gets a good amount of traffic. (The larger Polo outlets have a shoe and linen/housewares section)

We have a very good store manager. The 3 assistant managers were good as well. The sales associate position is easy. Pretty much brainless work of helping customers and running to the back to look for sizes.

The best thing about this job would be the discount. This isn't saying much since the only the I have bought was a belt

Cons

I have worked at 5 different clothing outlet stores and always got more than enough hours (20+ with while in college), but Polo does not give any hours. This Christmas season I averaged 8 hours a week. However, I had around 3 on calls a week. This means you have to call 2 hours before your on call time and see if they need you. They used me ONCE for 4 hours.

Shifts are usually 4 hours long. We had 180 employees this Christmas season. I have no clue why we even needed 100 in a medium sized store.

I wasn't looking to advance since I have a full time job, but it is near impossible without putting a few years in. I think we had 3 full time associates and they had all been their for 2 plus years.

They really wanted us to 'hound' the customers. No other store I have worked in was aggressive as this place.

Pay is 7 dollars an hour which is the least of any outlet store I have worked.

Good place to work if you love their clothes and want to take advantage of the nice discount.

Bad place to work if you want to make some money due to the hours.

Advice to Management

Hire less people and give more hours.