Ralph Lauren - No hours, on call shifts, way overstaffed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ralph Lauren

"No hours, on call shifts, way overstaffed"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I work at one of the outlet stores. Its not a large outlet store (no shoe section or houseware), but gets a good amount of traffic. (The larger Polo outlets have a shoe and linen/housewares section)

We have a very good store manager. The 3 assistant managers were good as well. The sales associate position is easy. Pretty much brainless work of helping customers and running to the back to look for sizes.

The best thing about this job would be the discount. This isn't saying much since the only the I have bought was a belt

Cons

I have worked at 5 different clothing outlet stores and always got more than enough hours (20+ with while in college), but Polo does not give any hours. This Christmas season I averaged 8 hours a week. However, I had around 3 on calls a week. This means you have to call 2 hours before your on call time and see if they need you. They used me ONCE for 4 hours.

Shifts are usually 4 hours long. We had 180 employees this Christmas season. I have no clue why we even needed 100 in a medium sized store.

I wasn't looking to advance since I have a full time job, but it is near impossible without putting a few years in. I think we had 3 full time associates and they had all been their for 2 plus years.

They really wanted us to 'hound' the customers. No other store I have worked in was aggressive as this place.

Pay is 7 dollars an hour which is the least of any outlet store I have worked.

Good place to work if you love their clothes and want to take advantage of the nice discount.

Bad place to work if you want to make some money due to the hours.

Advice to Management

Hire less people and give more hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Ralph Lauren

"ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great for my resume -- when applying for jobs ... always get called back .
    great discount

Cons

Near impossible to move up.
    Pay and pay increase is terrible. Very little to no respect for employees.
    overall tone of company is drab.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with more respect. Let them know that you are thankful for how much they do.
    Acknowledge all the hard work that is done and reward them from time to time.

2. "This is a fun job."

Current Employee - Cashier in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Cashier in Hagerstown, MD

Pros

The managers are willing to work with you if you need them to. If you are a good employee, they make sure you know that you've done an excellent job. The discount is excellent as well.

Cons

The system that is used to complete customer's transactions is quite slow. On days such as Black Friday, a faster system would be very helpful.

Advice to Management

Update the computers/printers used for customer's transactions, as well as the ones used in the office.