Ralph Lauren - Amazing place with talented people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ralph Lauren

"Amazing place with talented people"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Depending on department, there can be a lot of perks and exposure to the glamour that the Ralph Lauren brand sells. Summer Fridays are given between Labor Day and Memorial Day, but the office usually shuts down by 3:30pm. It was never an issue to get time off and I the salary was higher than average. Great discounts!

Cons

I think if you really want to rise in the company, someone from senior management has to "choose" you and mentor you until you grow into the next level. I know several employees who make it the manager level, but wait 10+ years to hit Director and then even more time before they hit Senior Director. Its a tough company to get into, lots of resumes submitted and it has a private school ambience, which I loved, but I'm sure others could be turned off by it.

Advice to Management

As a company do a great job with recognition and timed service.
Departmentally, the senior team could do more to appreciate the lower ranks, like monthly lunches for example.

Be honest with people trying to grow their careers, if you don't see them being promoted or fitting in, advise them to look outside the department/company.

Other Employee Reviews for Ralph Lauren

1. "A part time gig that paid poorly and did not receive a lot of hours, but the management was great."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The management was always friendly and supportive, the job was easy.

Cons

Poor pay, poor hours, and a lot of high schoolers

Advice to Management

Hire less people to give employees more hours

2. "I liked the layed back environment, but would expect much better compensation from such a large company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Gulfport, MS
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Gulfport, MS

Pros

-Discount
    -Benefits (only if full time)
    -Environment
    -Large management team
    -HR manager working on-site full time
    -Laid back daily tasks
    -Did I mention the discount??

Cons

-Very poor salary compensation, I'm not sure if it was the region that I was working in, but I believe minimum wage as a base pay is quite rediculous for a large and successful company as Polo. I don't believe it's fair at all.
    -Little to no hours, there were weeks when I worked only 4 hours

Advice to Management

Just because you guys receive more payroll hours to distribute that fluxuate weekly, does not require you to hire a bulk-load of new associates. Then two weeks later when your low on hours, all the PT employees suffer and are getting little to no hours. Makes no sense. If you guys receive more hours, give them to all of the present employees! What are you doing??