Employee Review

Current Employee

Love the mission

Jun 18, 2021 - Broadcast Engineer in Franklin, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a clear mission and constant reward in seeing how effective we are in helping people with their financial and life decision making.

Cons

Can't really think of one.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work That Matters

Jun 30, 2021 - Full Stack Developer in Franklin, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong culture, core values, and mission

Cons

It's made up of people

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Look Elsewhere to Grow Your Career

Jun 23, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed working with many of the individuals that I met at the company. I really enjoyed the team atmosphere. Also, it is gratifying to know that the work you are doing is helping people better their financial situation.

Cons

No remote options. Pay is below market average. Company is constantly in the news for negative things. Leadership (low-level to board-level) is lacking and indecisive; there seems to be an absence of vision and strategy. The company blurs the line between business and religion in an uncomfortable way. There are no non-Christians that work here. There are no openly LGBT people who work here. The process to get hired at Ramsey is rigorous, but not in a technical way; much of it is to suss out whether or not you are a "culture fit"--not whether you are the most qualified for the job. They frequently frame business decisions in religious terms (i.e. "we feel God moving us toward this"), which has backfired spectacularly on some occasions. It also feels incredibly weird to have an employer that is so interested in regulating the sexual lives of its employees.

Continue reading
    19 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Ramsey Solutions.