Randalls - Horrible | Glassdoor

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Cashier in Katy, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Katy, TX

I have been working at Randalls part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great, the networking is wonderful and easy to do as a cashier.

Cons

Company cares nothing about employees, they allow customers to treat you like trash and they expect you to take it and be happy about it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and your turnover rate won't be so high, people will want to work there.

Other Employee Reviews for Randalls

"Are you Serious? Don't work for Randalls if you can help it!! If you don't want a social life don't apply!!!!!"

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Randalls part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is hard to come up with any Pro as the company is crap. The only thing I can think of is the weekly paycheck if that is what you want to call it.

Cons

Where do I start? I have a management degree and was hired as a cashier with promise of promotion and MIT within a short time of my start. Needless to say nearly 2 years later no promotion and still a cashier making less that $8.50 pr hour. I was promised full time but as soon as it came available someone from another store transferred and I lost the full time availability . After about 3 months I was given the chance to start supervising the front end of the store managing breaks and lunches with no pay increase. I was also the key trainer and yet still no pay increase. I was also made the full time closer with still only part time hours with again no pay increase for working dangerous hours. I was told on many occasions that my thank you for a hard days work was my paycheck at the end of the week. I have worked every single holiday including Christmas and New Years with only time and half and no bonus even for working the holiday. There is no uniform reimbursement program and the shirts and shoes are costly. The 10% discount on store brands is not as good as it sounds because the prices are so high the company is still making bank on the employees. When employees are told that they can look forward to 30 hours weekly they find themselves only being scheduled 22-27 hours weekly on the average. The fast pace is not so much a problem but the lack of staff scheduled is a major problem. Customers complain non stop and all the front end personal can do is sit there and take the grunt of poor management scheduling and ability to do so in a manor where the customer is getting the service that they are paying for with the high prices. In the less than 2 years that I have been with the company there have been "4" yes 4 Asst Store Directors and many other management changes in just the one store in the time that I have been there. The store director at my store has never given the insurance information to employees even after talking to him about it. I have also worked many 13 hour shifts and only received a lunch break of a little 30 min yet if taken 40 min yelled at for taking too long on break even though there has been no other breaks given. I have been in the middle of lack of communication between management members when they were not telling employees new job duties and watching the employee get written up or suspended for lack of completion of duties ordered. When job duties are updated there are no pay rate changes or notification to the employee who has to do the new duties. I was referred to the mentoring program and when I went to my director at the store requesting study material I never received the work to learn so I failed at the program making me look like a poor employee. You will become the company slave!!! They expect you to have no life and make Randalls your primary. I have made comments that I am dating the customers because I see them more than I see my friends. I work every weekend closing shift and have no time for friends or family.................... For the last 3 months I have been seeking another company to work for as I can't handle the stress and disrespect anymore from this company.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on proper living wage, keeping turn over low by communicating to employees and keeping promises. Work with the employees holidays worked and show more appreciation for the hard work being put in.

"some company"

Former Employee - Stocker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Stocker in Houston, TX

I worked at Randalls full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

no pro that I can think of

Cons

very low pay for a lot of stress

Advice to Management

no advice