Randolph College - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Pros

Strong community between faculty, staff and students. Overall, people are friendly and self motivated. Due to the small size of our school there is a very special connection with the students and those that utilize our services are very appreciative of what we have to offer to them. The area in which I work has a very close team and we all collaborate very well together. Immediate supervision is superb and we are always recognized for a job well done. There is a true understanding here of the life/work balance. It is very autonomous and each individual just needs to manage their time effectively in order to get the job done in a timely manner.

Cons

As with most organizations there are budget restrictions that make it difficult to do all that we would like to do as a department. However, through collaboration with other departments and support from senior management we are usually able to push through special projects/programs if they are seen as valuable for all.

Sometimes the size of the school is a challenge. Due to how small it is, it is difficult to get recognition on a regional/national level with colleagues in my field.

Advice to Management

Don't ever forget that we are here to serve and educate the students first.

Other Employee Reviews for Randolph College

1. "Under Grown"

I have been working at Randolph College part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere where almost everyone knows and cares about you.

Cons

Some admins seem to think the same approach will deliver better results than before and clash with others if given suggestions stunting growth of student body.

Advice to Management

Have more open box suggestions on approaches and allow departments that thrive decide their path and approach for the future and take those giving advice from the thriving areas to help those struggling.

2. "Archaeological Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Randolph College as an intern

Pros

People are easy going and willing to assist others.

Cons

It is a very small community.