Randstad Sourceright - Good place to learn and grow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Randstad Sourceright

"Good place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Randstad Sourceright full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned ALOT and grew in my career

Cons

Slow to gear up...very fast paced after that!

Other Employee Reviews for Randstad Sourceright

"Heavy on metrics due to RPO, very administrative."

Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright as a contractor

Pros

Flexibiltiy to work virtual, depending on client. Sourcing tools, recruiting coordinator aligned to recruiter.

Cons

Very process driven, must know where and when to 'check the box' for metrics. Role feels very administrative at times. Due to working as 'government contractor' must abide by strict rules for OFCCP.

Advice to Management

Stronger training program, ability to check in with manager daily.

"It is what you make of it...Whiners and Blamers...this isn't the place for you!"

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright full-time

Pros

This is not unlike any other company....In most cases, competent, hard working people who can understand the big picture and translate that into their everyday work will do fine and be rewarded. I personally, am not a whiner or blame thrower. If there is an issue, fix it! Or if it's out of your span of control, bring it to those who can, provide them with the unbiased business case, a workable solution, and ask for assistance. I've been successful in this company for years with this attitude and when the opportunity opens up for the next role, my reputation of being easy to work with, productive and results oriented makes me a shoe-in.

Cons

First of all - let me point out that none of these are really cons...but they are things you need to know before you take the job:

Unfortunately, we have a few ppl that have decided (or simply don't have the skillset to be anything else) to be part of the problem, rather than the solution. To those folks (looks like a few have posted here) I say, sorry you couldn't cut it.

Recruiting isn't for the faint of heart, especially RPO where you are in a balancing act between your company that is trying to remain profitable, and your client and HM (who think there are qualified candidates begging to take their below average job for less pay). You have to know how to gently put that HM in their place, help them understand what you bring to the table (read: I'm the recruiter, so I'm inherently better at recruiting because...) and coordinate your team (sourcers, recruiting coordinators, screeners, etc) to deliver.

This isn't a cush-job. You have to figure out how to do things more efficiently. Especially with the fact that many of our positions are hourly and you have to manage your work into 40 hours (and I personally have never been asked to work OT and not been paid for it, but they will realign workloads or get someone to help if you're approaching 40 and can't get it done yourself). There are a lot of ppl that get to work from home, which is nice, but not everyone can handle that set-up. The distractions can kill your efficiency and focus.

Bottom line - Understand what you are signing on for. Hourly employees are not guaranteed 40 hour per week for 52 weeks a year...you'll likely have to flex your schedule and you need to budget that you will work maybe 7-8 months out of the year....the end of the year is always slow for recruiting. Even in a salaried job anywhere in recruiting, you could be laid off. At least this company tells you when that time is approaching rather than blindsiding you. And then they will pick you back up later when volume increases (Assuming you're one of the good ones)

Advice to Management

This may be my only place for suggesting something different. There are a FEW folks in management that I don't understand why they get to stick around. They fail again and again, or are difficult to work with, but they are kept anyway? I guess it's like this everywhere, but I wish their managers would take the blinders off and ask around about the ppl in management. There are a few I'd never work for again, but for the most part, I like the managers I've worked for.

Randstad Sourceright Response

Mar 22, 2013 – Sr. Director, Marketing

First and foremost, we appreciate your feedback. As a company that is committed to making every employee’s experience a positive one, we are always looking for feedback and value constructive... More