Rapid7 - Sales people: Take caution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rapid7

"Sales people: Take caution"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Rapid7 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 2 core product offerings are great from a functionality perspective. However, they are very expensive, nice to have solutions. Only orgs that are buying these are fortune 500 and the like. Trendy office.

Cons

Where do I begin. From day one, I was lured in under false pretenses. The "talent scout" that hired me was nice enough, but was stumped on my first question on our phone interview. She even admitted that it was such a great question that the managers are going to want to interview me. My onsite interview lasted about 15 minutes. Couple of the cliche questions with the Director and met with the hiring manager (or at least who I thought was the hiring manager). When I was hired, I was supposed to be working one territory and was immediately baited and switched to another. I should I have quit right here on the spot.

After a couple of months of up and down success I took a deep look at what I was accomplishing, which was not much. The political management relationships were as toxic as the koolaid is passed down from the CEO and Founders. There is about 1 goldmine territory per team (if it wasn't already burned by a previous rep, or most times, multiple reps). Vacation time? Forget about it. Day off? Better bring a doctor's note or they'll be skeptical. Middle management is mostly made up of successful reps who started with the company who have no guidance or qualifications to lead a team. They were put there because they found a way to stuff this product down customer's throats and can teach that method to new members. I was often asked who I thought was a successful rep and why. I hate the behind closed doors mentality. They preach transparency and quite frankly it turned into a cult like structure.

Advice to Management

Quite simply: get rid of them all. If this company wants to grow and "go public", get someone with experience at successful companies and a track record of managing successful teams.

Other Employee Reviews for Rapid7

"Toxic leadership lacking ethics & integrity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Rapid7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their 2 core products are good and the security industry in general is awesome.
    Office in the pru was cool. You peers are awesome. Good compensation if you hit your target

Cons

Leadership and management are consistently abusive to employees. This company is the definition of the wrong example. Their upper management, both the leadership team and the management team are highly toxic. Either you suck up and obey or you are out.
    If you define core values for a company, then lead by example. Ethics, transparency, teamwork and disciplined risk taking is a hoax. Upper management (leadership team) will pull you in a room and interrogate you regarding your peers. For example : What do you think of person XX? Don’t you think person XX should work more hours? Do you think person XX is even capable of doing this job? I’ve never felt so uncomfortable in my whole career. They talk around you back.
    I think they liked me since I was one of their top performers. That’s why I had the interrogation privilege. :-/
    I left due to the fact they are leading by the worst example possible. Ethics are below standard.
    Working hard is ok, expected to work 11 hours per day isn't.
    You are called a dinosaur if your work for the company longer than 1 year.
    Rumors are being spread if you are not a friend of some key people in the leadership team.

Advice to Management

Become an honest and transparent company. Let go of the political toxic culture. A view leadership people are responsible for creating this culture.
    Listen to employees. Conduct exit conversations. Be open for development opportunities regarding the culture.

"Rapid7 - The company without professionalism, honesty, integrity, ethics, or transparency."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products. Good experience. Builds a strong backbone. Most employees are willing to help teach and coach if you step up and ask. Fast paced & fun environment.

Cons

No work/life balance. It is very difficult to take a vacation without being seriously questioned or judged. If you are not in the office, employees are talking about you. Very political environment. Management clearly does not respect employees. No transparency - It's very difficult to get honest answers from management. Extremely high turnover. They say that work is from 8:00-5:00, but that is a lie. You typically work from 7:30-6:30 or later, and will end up working one of your weekend days.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect.