Rappi - iOS Technical Lead | Glassdoor

"iOS Technical Lead"

I have been working at Rappi full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good Salary - Growing Company - Good Environment - Remote work - Benefits

Cons

- The work is not organized

Rappi2019-10-28
  1. "Android Engineer"

Current Employee - Android Software Engineer in Medellín, Antioquia

I have been working at Rappi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great learning experience to start

Cons

Work life balance, you have to be ready at any time

Rappi2020-01-02

"Not quite the best choice"

Former Employee - Backend Developer in Bogotá, Bogota

I worked at Rappi full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You learn a lot. - Tools flexibility. - Nice, young and fun people (team-dependant). - Good location in Bogotá. - Over-the-average salaries (for Colombian salaries at least, but you have to ask for it, a lot). - 'Flexible' hours. - Tangible impact. Possibility to see your code being used, in a short time. - Possibility to switch teams (again, after asking a lot) and even traveling (usually between Argentina, Colombia and Mexico). - Easy interview process (which is not necessarily something nice).

Cons

- More work, zero life: 24/7 duties. No planning. Nothing. Weekends, holidays? I don't think so, buddy. - Zero perks policy: Not even homeoffice is standardized. Not even coffee. For a tech company. NO COFFEE. And not even free coupons in the coffee shop that is next to the building. You won't even get markers. Good thing they have nice back-bending chairs (which are constantly stolen). - No tech path available: You will only get random titles, maybe some salary changes and maybe a few stock options... but you won't have a clear path, defined roles nor any kind of clear requirements for each role. - Boot licking method: The more you lick, the better you do. Stick to the first developers group and you will do great. Even if you suck at your job. - QA: Quality uncertAinty. Standards? Nope. Test coverage? Nope. Branch coverage? What's that? Automated testing? What kind of click and check is that? Qualified QA engineer? Nah, we better use random call center guys that'd like to have a better salary. And if they want more, we should promote them to Project Managers. - Are you a Tech Manager? You're overqualified: Just like that. No proper technique. No tech background (in most cases). Random methodologies. Bad estimation. Unexisting emotional intelligence. - Thanks for your hard work, I'll be taking credit now: Zero recognition (in order to get a raise, you'll need to do it yourself). Rarely a "thank you". Working until 4 am? That's ok, anyhow I did everything. No feedback, nothing. - Fake promises: Nice, stock options (after you threaten to leave). Lets not explain anything a promise exorbitant levels that we won't probably reach. Also, let's speak about stuff we are not going to do, like getting personal lockers or a real eating area. - Non-existent culture: No standards, no vision, no value, no identity (tech-related). - Are you leaving? Ok, bye: One of the worst retentions I've ever heard of. "Well, here you have a small bunch of stock options, $150 more, and you'll need to be working twice as hard"... yeah, no. A friend didn't even get a counter offer, but they kindly asked him to stay. Nice fellas. - You get a Tech Lead position! And you get a Tech Lead position! Everyone gets a tech lead position! : Were you a tech lead in your team before you switched? No worries, you're still one here as well, even though you don't even know the names of our repos. We love to have underqualified tech leads (whose contract position is still a developer, btw, it's just for ego, jejeps), and we love to have multiples tech leads, so they can fight between them and only the stronger survives. Survival of the fittest, such an enjoyable thing. - Two parties per year, drinks, food and fun not included: Just like that... if you're lucky we might give you a ber. - Hire more, lay them off afterwards: Two years in a row, let's wait for the next one. Such a trust-building company! - HR? HAHAHAHA: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. For real, it doesn't exist. Even a rock is more efficient. - The early bird gets burnt: Oh, did you arrive at 7:00? I didn't saw that. I really do hope you stay at least until 20:00 or we should replace you. - Zero inclusion policy: Disabled? Religious? Gay? Any kind of vulnerable population? Ja. Also, you must really check in which team you choose to work as a woman. - Would you like some access to... nope. Just nope. Unless I like you. - Formation? Talks? Courses? Conferences? Here, there you got a google link. Learn. (I know it's a perk, but it's important to mention). - "Can you please rearchitect this whole ecosystem? Can you launch it tomorrow? Thanks! I'm counting on it": Well, it was more like an order, but you get the idea. - Instead of promoting remote work, let's travel to this other headquarter so you can waste your time there! : You won't even get chance to get to know the area... Unless you're one of the extras we wasted our money on and brought here because you were nice to us. - Let's use this "temporal" solution for this "temporal" problem. Xoxo. - In Colombia you get a 60%-40% salary policy. That means you'll only get 60% of your salary for social security and for your vacations you'll only get 60%. - Welcome! Let me show you the onboarding process: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA. Good luck, dud. I expect to have this new feature for tomorrow. - Writing glass door reviews take too long. Please, fix your company. I still have like 15 more facts but I'm tired.

Continue reading
    Rappi2019-12-13

Discover more reviews about Rappi.