Rayhawk - Rayhawk, a highly professional and generous company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rayhawk

"Rayhawk, a highly professional and generous company"

Former Contractor - Lead Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA
Former Contractor - Lead Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Rayhawk as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rayhawk is a highly professional and generous company to work for, which shares the same values as its founder, Dr. Raihan Haque. I was one of the first graphic design contractors to work for Rayhawk starting in 2001. Since then, we have worked on numerous projects together such as websites, flash animations, packaging design, and print promotional pieces.

I have had an exceptional working relationship with the company, its founder, and its employees. They encouraged and provided me with the freedom to be creative and to push the envelope in designs that created both value and distinction for our clients. Suggestions for improvements and critiques were not only welcomed but expected in all the work we do from concepts, to design, and execution. The Founder and President, Dr. Haque, has a very enthusiastic personality and is very encouraging of others. He motivates us to produce the best work we can and rewards us with bonuses when we over deliver.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Other Employee Reviews for Rayhawk

"Be Aware!!!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Irvine, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Irvine, CA

I worked at Rayhawk as a contractor

Pros

1. Flexible Schedule (Because you get paid like a slave)

I do not understand how did this company get such a high review........only the negative review here seems true to me

Cons

1. Slavery type of compensation
    2. Lack of management
    3. Lack of training/learning
    4. Owner assumes you coming from a rich family that does not need money to survive
    5. Project moves forward very very slowly

Advice to Management

Advises to future candidates:

You can work here if:

1. You don't need to pay bills, or need money to survive
    2. If you don't mind learning everything yourself, or from another intern.
    3. You don't mind working in a slow-paced environment

There is no management here, if you are applying for web designer/developer type of position, you won't get paid hourly. Therefore, the owner doesn't care how slow the project is moving froward, because he assumes that you do not need money to survive. He will try to convince you that you are not good enough, so that he can keep your rate down as much as possible. The project typically takes 2 months or more to complete here, so you are looking to get paid around $800 for 2 months of work.

Good Luck!

Advice to Management:

Please treat your artist/developer as a human being, they need at least minimum wage to survive.

"Awesome Opportunity to Learn and Work in Many Different Aspects of a Tech Business!"

Former Contractor - Copywriter/Copyeditor & Executive Assistant in Irvine, CA
    Former Contractor - Copywriter/Copyeditor & Executive Assistant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Rayhawk as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Rayhawk has a fun fast paced work environment in which teamwork is highly promoted. I was nervous when i first started as a Copywriting Intern however I was immediately welcomed into the Rayhawk family. The whole team was more then happy to help me get accustom to the type of clients we serve and the product we produced for them. The CEO and all of my colleagues were always available to help, and encourage me in my work. Additionally there are many team bonding activities outside of the office which showed that management really cared for the employees and wanted to establish that trust and unity that so many businesses lack today.

I started with Rayhawk as a Copywriting Intern and was also able to learn and grow tremendously in my writing and editing abilities. After my internship I got offered a position as an Executive Assistant to the CEO a position in which I got to wear many hats, hone my organizational skills, and learn how a small business runs. This is an awesome place to start your career either fresh out of school or still in school as an intern.

Cons

At the time i was employed here there was not a lot of opportunity for a writer or assistant to move up or get full time employment. However there is always a need for more web developers and graphic designers.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep encouraging teamwork and continue to trust in your employees. When a team is close knit and can work together like this, truly the best possible work gets done. I have yet to see a company be so united in my career since.