Raymond James Financial - I had a great experience at RJF. I learned a lot about the corporate world and how to act in a professional manner. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raymond James Financial

"I had a great experience at RJF. I learned a lot about the corporate world and how to act in a professional manner."

Current Intern - Accounting in Tampa, FL
Current Intern - Accounting in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Raymond James Financial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the departments are pretty laid back and everyone is easy to talk to. You are a part of a team and not just "an intern."

Cons

I did not learn a lot about Accounting but I did do some internal auditing, which has been a big help in my career search process.

Other Employee Reviews for Raymond James Financial

1. "Great small firm."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Portage, MI

I have been working at Raymond James Financial (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of exposure to the industry

Cons

Not much room for advancement in small setting

"IT sweatshop"

Current Employee - IT Test Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - IT Test Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Raymond James Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong community presence, good company reputation. Used to be an exciting, fun place to work with team environment and support system. Company prided itself and rewarded supervisors for employee career growth and employees for short and long term achievements.

Cons

New IT senior management are in experiment mode trying to find direction. High turnover, off shoring to multiple countries, key experts jumping ship. IT talent & brain drain in high gear and for some horrifying reason, no one seems to care. The best managers and technical people were the first to find jobs leaving the mediocre to lead the rest of us. Killer hours, below market pay, and the promise of being reviewed on a bell curve. And being told to expect this as the new normal. Really.

Advice to Management

Evaluate your senior managers. They are going to spend you into oblivion because they don't know how to manage their groups they just react to crisis.