Rayonier - I've been here 21 years, it is a good, strong, stable company with good people working with me. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rayonier

"I've been here 21 years, it is a good, strong, stable company with good people working with me."

Current Employee - Director, IT in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Director, IT in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Rayonier is very flexible, the people are honest with you, you know where you stand. Conservative, so we make it through the tough times and excel in good times.

Cons

Rayonier runs really lean on people. You have a lot of work to do, and it is sometimes hard to do a really good job because you have to keep so many balls in the air.

Other Employee Reviews for Rayonier

1. "It’s all relative – Individual results will vary."

Current Employee - Various in Tbilisi (Georgia)
    Current Employee - Various in Tbilisi (Georgia)

I have been working at Rayonier full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IT, accounting, Performance fibers, good dividend, forested holdings, decent benefits. Depending on what department you go to, it’s hard to say what’s good or bad. I will say the I.T. & I.T. related folks & most all accounting folks are world class.

Cons

(won’t apply in all departments) counter - productive culture, assuming direction at times, double standards, limited advancement opportunities, , hypocrisy, Compensation/advancement/duties/flexibility based on cronyism/nepotism, mediocre communication, inconsistent bureaucracy; lack of identity (copying/obsessing about other competitors activities), little applicable training/inefficient hardware, “information is power” mentality reducing forward progress, you’ll have multiple bosses; all which do not effectively communicate with one another, resource shortage/inefficient delegation yielding large unmanageable workload, feigning.

Advice to Management

Watch out for PCL!

2. "Mixed Bag"

I worked at Rayonier full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Esprit de Corps
    Supportive Local Senior Management

Cons

Value the dividend over everything else
    Benefits get worse year over year
    Limited Career growth